Chapter 43 - Edited

(+3 days) 

I miss him... I know I say this a lot and yet I don't say it as much as I feel it. I miss him every single day and at every fucking second. I miss how we spent our days working out, teasing each other... Kissing...

I miss his lips so bad... I miss the warmth that radiated from them and the butterflies on my stomach every time they came in contact with mine.

I miss him so much and I can't have him anymore... He's gone and for what? For me... He's gone because he put himself in front of a bullet for me... And now I'm miserable... I'm miserable without him.

(Mike) "Maya?" – he snaps me out of my nightmares.

I look at him.

(Mike) "Are you coming out of the car or not?"

I look around and realize that I'm the only one in the car. I take the seatbelt off quickly and I get out. Mike and Liv are going to make the ultrasound and I came with Joe to protect them. Mace wouldn't want anything to happen to any of them but specially to Liv so from now on, I'll be her bodyguard and I'll do anything to keep her safe.

We enter on the hospital and she checks in with Mike near her. Joe and I split up so no one suspects and I follow Mike and Liv close by while Joe does the same, but a few meters behind. Liv and Mike sit in chairs and I sit across from there, in a place where I can watch the two halls.

I take a quick glance at Liv and she's glaring at me like she knows what I'm doing. I smile and wave at her while Mike chuckles.

"Olivia Hale?" – a nurse calls.

They stand and enter on a room that the nurse pointed to them. Joe comes and sits a few minutes later. I nod at him. I look around intently, looking for any signs that may indicate that we have an enemy.

A man looks at me and narrows his eyes like he's trying to see if it's truly me. I divert my glance from him and I look at the wall. I can still feel him looking at me and I'm starting to get worried.

About half an hour later, Liv and Mike come out of the room, smiling and holding two pictures.

(Olivia) "Look, look!" – she shoves the picture in my eyes.

I lean back and I see a picture of a baby. My jaw falls and I get up to hug her.

(Maya) "Congratulations!"

She smiles and I hug Mike. He smiles at me.

(Olivia) "I'm 22 weeks pregnant of a boy!"

(Maya) "I'm so happy for you two." – I smile.

They both show me the biggest grins and we start walking to the exit. I look behind me and I see the same man that was in the waiting room. He's walking in the same direction as we are.
Can it just be a coincidence?

No... I don't believe in coincidences in our line of work...

I look behind me and the guy is still following but he's trying to be discreet even though it's not working.

(Maya) "Mike!" – I whisper-shout.

He looks behind and they both stop.

(Maya) "Take her out of here. I think there's a guy following us."

He looks behind me discreetly and looks back at me, nodding his head.

(Olivia) "No. If he's here for one of us, we should draw him out."

I look at her.

(Maya) "That is too dangerous."

(Olivia) "You'll protect me." – she puts her hand on my shoulder and smiles.