Chapter 44 - Edited

(+14 days)

Another two weeks have passed and I'd hope things would have been better by now but they haven't... If anything, they're worst... The emptiness I feel inside grows each night when I don't see him on our bedroom waiting for me or taking his clothes off to sleep naked and it keeps growing when I don't see the green pearls right when I wake up.

I've been having nightmares every single night. I wake up screaming and one time Mike came in to my bedroom thinking I was in some sort of danger... He's been quiet lately too. Everyone has been... When we are not all together or when it's just two people together, no one says a word... We are still grieving...

But things have been better every time we have a meal. My dad's men have been great, they are always trying to cheer us up and I truly thank them for it.

But no one knows the darkness that washes over me when I'm alone. The sadness that takes over me... I've been wearing his watch but I feel like it's not enough... He was more important to me so that's why I'm driving to the tattoo parlor.

I open the door and I see Monique flicking through a magazine behind the counter.

(Maya) "Hi!"

(Monique) "Oh hello!" – she smiles.

(Maya) "How are you?"

(Monique) "I'm good, how are you?"

(Maya) "I'm..." – what am I? – "I need you to draw me a tattoo..."

(Monique) "Okay, what are you thinking of?"

(Maya) "I want to tattoo the word Angel a little above my left boob."

She nods and I follow her to a room. I sit on the chair and she sits next to me, sketching.

(Monique) "So, how's Mason?"

I bite the inside of my cheek.
Okay, calm down you knew that she'd ask that. Just... don't cry.

(Maya) "He died..."

She looks at me with wide eyes.

(Monique) "How?"

(Maya) "He was killed..."

(Monique) "How long was that?"

(Maya) "Almost three weeks ago."

She looks to the draw again and I see some tears falling from her eyes. I put my hand on her back.

(Maya) "Are you okay?"

She shakes her head and wipes her tears.

(Monique) "He always said that Rob and I would get back together even if it was the last things he'd do."

I bite my lip to prevent me from crying.

(Maya) "Are you gonna do something afterwards?"

She looks at me.

(Monique) "I can close the shop... I'm no longer in the mood for working anyways."

(Maya) "Okay, then you're coming with me after my tattoo, alright?"

She nods and finishes the sketch. She puts it on my chest so the ink stays there and she starts tattooing.

(Maya) "If you don't mind me asking... what happened between you and Rob?"

(Monique) "It was the wrong time... I was opening the shop and I needed to focus on the business but he wasn't very fond of it... One night at a bar, I started dancing with another guy to make him jealous, I have no idea why because it was a stupid idea and I was drunk, and he thought I was cheating on him and we broke up because we both agreed that we weren't working."

I hum in response.

(Monique) "But Mason thought that we were meant to be together because we pissed each other off but we worked amazingly well when we wanted. He said that he'd get us together no matter what..."

I look to the ceiling and I let a few tears slip through my eyes.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I close the door of my car and she does the same. We walk towards the house and I open it to see Liv sitting on the couch with the laptop on her lap. She looks at me and then to Monique.

(Olivia) "Oh my god!" – she gets up and runs to her.

Monique's eyes widen when they land on her bump that is already visible. They give a hug and they laugh.

(Monique) "Congratulations!"

They break from the hug and Liv smiles.

(Olivia) "Thank you!"

(Monique) "So it's that serious, uh?"

(Olivia) "We are engaged!" – she shows her the ring that Mike bought last week.

(Maya) "Liv, do you know where Rob is?"

(Olivia) "Mike said that they were going to the training room."

(Maya) "Do you wanna come too?"

She nods and we leave the house towards the gym. We open the door and we search for Rob, to find him running on the treadmill. Liv stands next to him and says a few words, pointing at us. He looks behind him and his eyes widen when he sees Monique. She smiles and waves awkwardly at him. He stops running and walks to us. I walk to Liv to give them some space and right when I walk past Rob, I wink at him and he chuckles. I sit next to her on the benches just looking at everybody and engaging on weird conversations.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

(Olivia) "How did it go?"

They've already finished the talk and Rob has returned to the treadmill. We are sitting on the chairs by the pool.

(Monique) "He said he'd like to try again and I said that I'd like it too." – she starts blushing.

Liv and I awn and Monique glares at us.

(Olivia) "So when are you going out?"

(Monique) "Tomorrow night."

Liv smirks.

(Monique) "It's just a dinner!"

(Olivia) "At night." – she wiggles her eyebrows.

I laugh and Monique rolls her eyes.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Monique had dinner with us and then she left. Now we are all sitting on the couches looking at the TV.

(Joe) "So, Liv when are you planning on perform the wedding?"

(Mike) "Why can't you ask me that? I'm the groom."

(Joe) "Yes, but the bride's in charge."

Mike rolls his eyes and Liv swats his chest.

(Olivia) "I don't have time to organize it this month so I'm guessing in July..."

(Mike) "It's hotter anyways."

(Rick) "But then won't you get like... too fat for your dress?"

I wouldn't be surprised if his head exploded from Liv's intense glare.

(Olivia) "My dress is for pregnant brides so no, I won't get too fat for it."

He raises his hands in defeat and Joe chuckles.

(Rob) "So uh... Who's the best-man?"

We all stay quiet...

(Mike) "It's still him... But... he just won't be there..."

No one says another word and I can almost see the tension in the room.

(Maya) "I'm going to bed. Good night."

They all reply to me and I climb up the stairs. I take my clothes off and I lay under the sheets to cry myself to sleep like every night.