Chapter 42 - Edited

(+3 days)

I didn't get out of the bedroom for the three days... I didn't get much sleep either because I was scared... I have no idea of what but I was...

Nobody tried to take me off of this bedroom, though yesterday I heard some noises from the hall but they soon vanished. I have no idea how's Liv but I'm sure she's alright, despite the situation... She's a tough woman...

Why can't I be like her? Tough?

My heart is shredded, that's why... It's not even broken... It's torn into pieces... completely destroyed.

(George) "Maya, princess... You need to get out of there." – he says on the other side of the door.

I don't answer him... I'm so numb to everything that if a rock fell on top of me, I would even thank to it if it killed me.

The door opens and I can assume that my father unlocked it.

(George) "Maya." – he turns the light on.

The room was completely dark, so the sudden light almost blinds my eyes.

(George) "May-" – he's interrupted.

(Mike) "Get your ass off of that bed because you don't have the right to disrespect his last wish! I heard him saying that he didn't want you to stay here! So if you loved him, honor his memory and live!" – he storms inside of the bedroom.

I look to him and he seems kind of mad...
He's right... He begged me to not stay here...

I wrap the sheet around me and I get out of the bed towards the bathroom. I take a shower while crying, because that's the only thing I do now and I return to my bedroom.

The sheets are no longer on the mattress and I frown.

(George) "I asked Tracy to change the sheets. I've organized a ceremony in his honor. I'm waiting for you outside."

I nod and he leaves. I put on a pair of black jeans and black tank top. I also put a pair of black boots and when I look to the chest of drawers... I see his watch...
Would it be too weird if I used it? I want to use it...

I put it on.

I grab my phone and I get out of the house. I don't even want breakfast or I might throw it all up. They are all outside and I notice Liv leaning on a car. I walk to her.

(Maya) "How are you?"

She shrugs and gives me a hug.

(Olivia) "We'll be okay... He's taking care of us..." – she whispers in my ear.

I try to stop the tears from falling.
I have to be tough!

(Mike) "Shall we?" – he asks softly.

We break from the hug and nod. We get in the back seat and Mike drives us to the local cemetery. Once we arrive, we get out of the van and we walk inside.

I look to all of the tombstones and I know where I am already...
Fuck! Not here, please!

I stop.

(George) "Is everything okay?" – he asks worried.

(Maya) "I-I can't..." – the tears start falling again.

He puts his hands on my shoulders.

(George) "You have to. It's Mason."

(Maya) "No... This is where I buried mom... I can't be here... I don't want to be here." – I cry.