Chapter 12

They go inside a door and I follow them again to find a huge room with a computer on a table and lots of pictures and stuff, like this is the room where they plan things. There's a big screen on the wall at the end of the room and now it has the logo of Empire on it.

(Mason) "Welcome to our special room." – he says to me.

(Maya) "What is this place?"

(Mason) "This is where we plan our things and we find all the information we need."

They all start sitting around a table except for me and Mason, and Rob starts typing something on a computer.

(Rob) "I'm ready."

(Mason) "Alright..." – he puts his hands on the table and leans forward. – "I want you to tell me everything you know about your old boss."

I sigh.

(Maya) "His name is James Taylor. He's 28 years old and now he's the leader of the Mighty Gang. Though his uncle founded it, it belongs to him now and everyone does what he says."

(Rob) "Okay, I found him."

A picture of James appears on the screen and anger starts boiling inside of me. Mason sits on the table but faces the screen.

(Rob) "The age matches. His dad died when he was three and his mother left him when she gave birth to him. He had a brother that died in a car crash at the age of three. His uncle adopted him when his father died and they moved from California to Chicago on the same year. He's associated with some other gangs and he's considered a dangerous man. He has already been in jail for minor crimes like robbery and carjacking but he was bailed out."

(Mason) "How long did that happen?"

(Maya) "It happened about five years ago. I bailed him out of jail."

I look down and I hear a sigh.

(Mason) "Don't think about it. Move on, please, Rob."

(Rob) "Alright, uh... He has a house on the S. Austin Boulevard in Cicero."

(Mike) "We should go there."

(Maya) "It's probably a long shot but I have another place we can visit too."

(Mason) "Do you think you can find the plans of the house so we can work on a plan?" – he asks Rob.

(Rob) "I'll do my best." – he starts typing on the computer again.

(Mason) "What is this place you're talking about?" – he asks me.

(Maya) "We used to go there during the day to train and to prepare for something like missions and stuff. It's a hideout basically."

(Mike) "Do you remember the place? The walls and the divisions?"

I nod my head.

(Maya) "I went there almost every day for the last ten years. I know that place better than the palm of my hand."

(Mike) "I want you to tell me where everything is and what we can use to get inside."

I nod my head and I start telling him about the whole place while he takes notes.

(Rob) "Okay, I couldn't find the plans which means we are blind here."

(Olivia) "Maybe not. Maybe the landlord or the owner of the building has them."

(Joe) "Yes, usually they have them for logistical issues."

(Mason) "Good, then we have to get to him, to get to James."