Chapter 41 - Edited

(+2 days)

I'm still mad at him... Yesterday I ignored him for the whole day. He kept apologizing and he even locked me in the house but I didn't say a word to him and he eventually gave up. Liv was mad at me because I slept in my car. Tonight, I slept on the couch... I couldn't sleep in the same bed, still mad at him.

Today we are going after Christopher and I know Mason is even sadder. We are getting ready to leave and Liv is saying goodbye to Mike, though they say it's not a goodbye, it's just a see you later. I've just made a ponytail and now I'm putting my bulletproof vest on but I can't reach my back.

(Mason) "Will you let me help you?"

I don't answer and I just put my hands on my sides. He fixes my back and pats gently signalizing that I'm ready. He looks at me and sighs, going to my father afterwards.

(George) "Alright... Let's go."

I give Liv a hug and she hugs me back.

(Olivia) "Please be safe. I need my best friend."

I break from the hug and I smile at her, kissing her cheek. I walk in the van with Joe, Rick and Rob following my actions. Mike drives the van and Mason gets in the passenger seat. The others are in their vans and there are seven, all packed with people.

(Mason) "Are you all ready?" – he looks to us.

They all nod and his eyes land on me.

(Maya) "I'm ready."

He nods but doesn't smile. After some minutes, Mike parks the van behind the others and we gather outside with the rest of the gang.

(George) "Alright, you all remember the plan, right?" – we nod. – "Let's go, then."

We start separating in two teams. My dad, Phil and I are in one team; Mace, Mike and Rob are in another and Rick and Joe are at the entrance with some other members guarding.

We start running through the front door while the others are going through the back. We hear some voices.

(Christopher) "Alright, so these and these make the amount you want."

(George) "Alright, teams, this is it; on the count to three."

He pauses.

(George) "One, two, three, go!"

We start walking quickly and we can finally see Christopher and his gang members. He looks at us like he was expecting all of this and my dad orders them to put the guns on the ground.

(Christopher) "Davis. How good it is to see you again."

I hit him in the face with my gun and he starts bleeding from his mouth. The other teams come out and I step back. Mason stands next to me, pointing his gun to his father.

(Christopher) "I can't believe you're my enemy now, Mason."

(Mason) "You've been mine since mom died but I only realized now."

(Christopher) "Oh, so you found out?"

(Mason) "I did... You're a fucking pig."

Some of Christopher's men come to the same room that we are and now there are a lot more men than we were expecting but Mason doesn't even flinch.

(Christopher) "I would do it all over again."

Mason raises his gun to his father's head.

(Mason) "Tell them to put their guns down or I'll put a bullet in your head!"