Chapter 29 - Edited

(+3 days)

Someone knocks on the door.

(Maya) "What?!" - I ask annoyed.

We were fucking sleeping!

Mason stirs a bit.

(Olivia) "I need your help..." – she opens the door and stands on the doorway.

He sits on the bed quickly.

(Mason) "Is something wrong?"

I lift my head to look her. She has a confused expression.

(Olivia) "No. I just need Maya's help with the planning of the wedding."

He sighs in relief and gets up from the bed. Olivia covers her eyes immediately because... well... the angel that was in bed seconds ago, is naked. We didn't do anything last night he just wanted to sleep naked.

He looks down but shrugs like it's not a big deal.

(Olivia) "I'm just... gonna... go." – she points to several directions on the hallway.

I shake my head while she closes the door behind her.

(Maya) "Did you seriously have to do that?"

(Mason) "What?"

He grabs a towel and wraps it around his waist.

(Maya) "Well, show her what God gave you." – I point to his lower region.

He laughs.

(Mason) "It's something to be proud of. Besides she's my cousin and she's getting married; it's not such a big deal."

I roll my eyes and he sits on the bed next to me.

(Mason) "Why?" – he smirks. – "Are you jealous?"

(Maya) "Pf... Yeah right..." – I fake a laugh.

His eyes darken and I already know where this is going judging from the growing tent that is visible on the towel.

(Maya) "Okay... No." – I sternly say.

I get up from the bed and I grab the crutches that are leaning on the wall. I walk out of the bedroom towards Olivia's bedroom. I knock on the door and Mason walks past me towards the bathroom. He slaps my butt right when she opens the door.

I just stare at her awkwardly while she blinks multiple times and Mason just laughs.

(Maya) "You need uh... help?"

(Olivia) "If you have some other things to do first..." – she suggests.

I walk inside her bedroom. She closes the door and I sit at the end of the bed.

(Maya) "I don't want to be rude or anything but do you really want to prepare a wedding while we are being hunted by your uncle and James?"

She looks down.

(Olivia) "I do... We never know when it's our last time on Earth and getting married is all I've ever wanted... I want people to know that Mike and I are related and that I belong to him. Besides planning a wedding takes my mind off of that situation..." – she chuckles a little.

I wasn't expecting that answer but it's a damn good one.

(Maya) "Then let's prepare one!" – I smile.

She looks at me and shows me her smile.

(Maya) "But where do you want to have the wedding? It's not like we can just go to a church or something..."