Chapter 52 - Edited

(+2 days)

Mason's P.O.V

We left Chicago yesterday and we spent the whole day on the road. We are halfway through so we should arrive there tomorrow morning. We are now looking for a place to have dinner.

(Mason) "Have you found anything?" – I give her a quick glance.

She looks through the GPS and I can hear her groan, meaning she doesn't understand how my phone works.

(Maya) "Your phone has a serious problem."

I chuckle.

(Mason) "You just don't know how to work with that."

(Maya) "Are you saying I'm dumb?" – I feel her looking at me.

I give her another quick glance and smile.

(Mason) "Of course not, love. I'm just saying that it's a complex piece of technology that requires some special capacities in which you'd have to acquire them and you've never had the proper training in that subject, therefore you don't know how to work with it."

She just looks at me, biting her tongue.

(Maya) "...Asshole..." – she mutters.

I laugh and slap her thigh gently. I suddenly turn right because I see a restaurant on the side of the road, making her fall on top of me with a bang. I laugh harder and she rubs her head because she hit on the steering wheel.

(Mason) "Are you okay?" – I park the car and rub her head.

She whines and I chuckle.

(Maya) "Stupid." – she hits my chest.

(Mason) "I'm so sorry." – I try not to laugh.

She opens the door and gets out. I get out of the car and it locks itself. I put my arm on her shoulders and open the door of the restaurant. We are basically in the middle of nowhere, which explains why the restaurant it's empty.

(Mason) "Maybe we should continue. I don't think we can fit in here." – I mock.

(Maya) "Speak for yourself, fatty." – she takes my arm off.

She starts walking to a booth two rows from the counter where a woman, who looks like she's having the most fun in her life (not), is, wearing one of those ridiculous hats that look like boats. She sits on the bench and I sit in front of her. The woman walks to us, chewing on her gum with her mouth opened. Maya shakes her head in disapproval.

"What're you having?" – she pulls out a notepad and a pen.

(Maya) "I don't know, we haven't seen the menu yet." – she says a little harsh.

The waitress shoots her a death glare. I frown at Maya and she grabs the menu letting her eyes fall on each word. She sighs and gives me the menu.

(Maya) "I'll have the burger."

The woman writes down her order. She looks at me and smiles.

"What about you?"

I see Maya looking at her like she could kill her and I wouldn't be surprised if it actually happened.

(Mason) "Uh... The same." – I give her the menu.

"And to drink?"

(Mason) "A coke, please."

She nods and then leaves.

(Maya) "Are you serious?!" – she slams her hands on the table.

I try not to laugh because I know that if I did, she would chop my balls off. She lets out a deep breath and I reach for her arm. She swats mine away.