Chapter 2

(2 days later)

Buzz, buzz...

Oh no...

I groan and I stretch my arm to reach my phone. I don't even bother to see the caller ID, I just answer.

(Maya) "What?!"

(James) "Well, good morning to you too." – he chuckles.

God, I hate this guy!

(Maya) "I was sleeping. What do you want?"

(James) "I have a job for you."

(Maya) "Can't it wait until like... noon?"

(James) "You're only going to do it at night but I need you to come here for a review of the plans."

I groan.

(James) "I expect you to be here in an hour."

He hangs up. I groan one more time and I take the sheets off of me. I get ready and when I'm done, I drive to the base. It's not an actual base but we call it that because it's easier than calling it hideout.

I park the car a block away and I walk there, still sipping on my coffee. I knock on the door five times and John opens it. I walk inside until I reach, what we call, the living room.

(Maya) "Hey."

(James) "Good morning." – he doesn't take his eyes of the map.

I stand next to him by the table and I look at the map too. Besides the two of us, Mark and Paul are the only ones here. Though they are playing videogames and haven't even noticed that I'm here.

(Maya) "Why did you call me so early?"

(James) "It's nine, it's not early."

(Maya) "For someone who works at night and only has three hours of sleep, it is."

(James) "Why do you even work there? Isn't the money I pay you enough?"

(Maya) "It is, but it would be a little weird for people because if I don't have a job then where the fuck would the money come from?!"

(Mark) "Someone's in a good mood." – he chuckles.

(Maya) "Shut up and play your stupid game." – I say through gritted teeth.

(James) "Alright, enough with the chit-chat."

I huff in annoyance.

(Maya) "What is the job tonight?"

(James) "Since we don't have the money yet..." – he says loud enough for the two guys to hear. – "We have to retrieve it tonight."

(Maya) "How trustful is the info?"

(James) "Same as three nights ago."

(Maya) "Okay."

(James) "They are supposed to do the transaction here." – he points to a warehouse on the map.

(Maya) "And how to you want me to get the money? The other mission was in an alley. It was easier with the rifle."

(James) "You have to get your hands dirty."

I nod.

(James) "I don't want survivors this time, Maya."

(Maya) "Okay."

(James) "You'll take the two boys with you."

(Maya) "I don't need two. I can do it with just one."