Chapter 13

I look around the living room and I go to the same place where I was when I told James I was kidnapped.

(Mason) "Hey, are you okay?"

I nod. I look to the floor and there are still blood stains from Paul. My eyes are getting watery and I wipe them with my hand.

(Mason) "Are you sure?"

I shake my head. I lean down and I run my fingers on the dried blood and memories from those five seconds keep repeating in my head. Those five seconds where he shot Paul and his body fell to the ground.

Mason leans down too and puts his hand on my shoulder.

(Mason) "We will find him and you'll get your revenge."

Great, now the tears are free falling...
I get up and I wipe them again. Everyone returns to the living room except Joe.

(Joe) "Boss, I think you'd like to see this. And you too, Maya."

Mason and I go to the basement where he is and when we get there, I see the, also familiar, torture room.

(Joe) "There." - he points to the left wall.

We look and there's a message written in blood.

(Mason) "«I hope you remembered how I shot Paul. Just so you know, I used his blood as ink and also you should look behind you»."

I look behind me, where the right wall is and I point my flashlight there. I scream right when I realize that Paul's body is hanged on the wall.

Mason covers my eyes and makes me bury my face in his chest. I start crying really hard. I hear some steps and then some gasps.

(Mike) "He did this?"

(Maya) "No, no, no, no..." - I whisper.

(Mason) "Shh... It's going to be okay."

My sobs are becoming more frequent.

(Rick) "What should we do?"

(Mason) "Take him out of there. We will bring him home and bury him properly."

He starts walking out of the warehouse and takes me with him. He pushes me a little so I lean on the car and he goes to the trunk to put our guns there. He comes back and takes my hands off of my face.

(Mason) "Look at me."

I continue to sob. He hugs me again and I grip his leather jacket really tight. He rubs my back.

(Mason) "We are going to get him."

My hands start to shake and I'm feeling dizzy. He notices that my grip on his jacket has loosened and he breaks from the hug, right when I fall forward losing my conscious.

Mason's P.O.V

How can someone do something as perverted as this? How can someone have the heart to do something like this? Actually, he doesn't have a heart. He's a heartless piece of shit that will get what he deserves.

I've never thought I'd see something like this. I asked her to look at me but she just sobbed so I had to hug her again.

It breaks my heart seeing her like this. She seemed to be tough but now she broke down like this. I'm still hugging her; I don't know what else to do.

Her grip on my jacket is fading and I have to break from the hug but she's falling. I think she lost her conscious. I can't blame her, though. I manage to grab her before she falls to the ground and put her on the back seat.