Chapter 56 - Edited

(+2 days)

Mason's P.O.V

I have to admit, I'm really, really tired. I've been driving for the last 28 hours. Of course I stopped a few times to drink some Redbull and to smoke a little but other than that, I've been driving. My butt is numb and I think that is has the shape of the seat.

I want to sleep but at the same time, I don't. I just wanna us to go home as fast as we can so we didn't switch like we used to, mostly because I want to get there fast and because I don't want her to be scared again.

It's three in the morning and she's sleeping with her feet on my lap. We are finally in the state of Illinois and it won't take long until we are home.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I park the car in front of our house and I see George coming out of his. I get out of the car and it's a bit chilly tonight.

(Mason) "Hey." – I say to him.

(George) "Why did you get here so soon? We were only expecting you to be here in seven hours."

(Mason) "We were followed but we managed to lose him. That's why I came faster."

(George) "Followed?"

(Mason) "Yeah..."

I go to the trunk and I take one of my jackets. I go to the side and I put it on top of her body, I grab her bridal style and I carry her inside of our house. George follows us.

(George) "Did you see who it was?"

(Mason) "No. I only saw a black Audi."

I carry her up the stairs towards our bedroom and I put her beneath the covers. I rub my temple. I return outside and I grab our suitcases with the George's help. He notices the bag with the money.

(George) "You didn't get the weapons?"

(Mason) "We did, he just didn't want the money."

(George) "Why?"

(Mason) "He asked us to do a favor in return."

We put the bags in our bedroom quietly and I go back to my car to lock it.

(George) "Okay..."

I give him the bag of money but he declines.

(George) "It's an early gift for when you two have kids."

Well, funny fact, it's not so early...

(Mason) "Thank you."

(George) "Get some sleep. You look like a mess."

He smiles and goes to his house. I go to my bedroom and I put the money on the bottom of the closet. I take my clothes off and I lay on the bed next to her. Right when my head hits the pillow, my eyes close.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Maya's P.O.V

I open my eyes and I see Mason still sleeping. I try to get out of bed without waking him up and I successfully make it. I take the clothes I'm still wearing from yesterday and I put on a pair of his boxers instead of my underwear and one of his tank tops.

I walk downstairs, while putting my hair into a bun, to see everyone eating breakfast.

(Maya) "Morning!" – I smile and I sit on a stool next to Rob.

They all reply to me.

(Joe) "How was the trip?"

(Maya) "Great. It was a small vacation."