Chapter 60 - Edited

It's night, and almost everyone is drunk. Only Liv and I are not. And Mason.
I seriously have no idea how that guy can't get drunk!

(Mason) "Come with me."

He stands and helps me stand too. I leave my heels beneath the table because they've been biting my feet all day. He grabs my hand leading me to the other side of the pool, where there's grass and the makeshift altar isn't occupying it. He stops and turns to me, putting his other hand on the lower part of my back. He puts our hands on his chest, still holding to each other. I put my hand on his shoulder and we start dancing slowly.

(Maya) "I have no idea what I'm doing." – I laugh.

(Mason) "Neither am I but just follow the song."

The song has nothing to do with the slow dancing we're having. The song that is playing is more like nightclub style.

We just keep staring at each other and some minutes later, he leans to kiss me. Our lips connect slowly and they move according to our dance. No tongues but still amazing.

(Joe) "Guys, we have something to tell you." – I hear him.

Mason breaks from the kiss to look at them. The boys and Liv are near us and Joe and Rick are in front of us, like they have something to tell us.

(Mason) "Is something wrong?" – he puts his arm on my shoulders while I wrap mine around his waist.

(Joe) "Well..." – he slurries his words, signalizing that he's clearly drunk. – "Rick and I have this thing that we have to tell you."

They look kind of embarrassed...

(Rick) "Joe and I..." – he takes a deep breath.

Is this going where I think it's going?!

(Rick) "We are..."

My eyes widen.
Oh my god...

(Joe) "We are gay..."

I knew it!

I look to Liv and her eyes are widened, looking at me.

(Maya) "Told you!" – I say to her.

(Olivia) "No fucking way..."

I look back to them and they have their heads down. I look to Mace and surprisingly, he doesn't seem surprised.

(Maya) "You knew?"

(Mason) "I had a small idea."

I frown.

(Mike) "Are you sure you're gay?"

Joe glares at him. Rick turns him and puts his lips on Joe's. I shut my eyes.
Honestly, I'm not homophobic but it's really weird to watch two men kissing.

I hear some noises and I open my eyes.
They're really into the kiss...

(Rob) "Okay, we got the idea!"

They stop kissing and they look at us, smiling.

(Mason) "I'm happy for you guys!"

He walks to them and hugs both of the gorillas. They laugh and hug him back.

(Maya) "So how long is this going on?"

They break from the hug.

(Joe) "About a year..."

(Olivia) "You could've told us."

(Rick) "It's a sensitive topic."

Mason returns to the same position he was, next to me.