Chapter 51 - Edited

(+5 days)

Everything has been normal. Phil and Rob still can't find the mysterious man but other than that, things couldn't have been better. Mace and I have been spending a lot of time together but not like we cling for each other. I've been helping Liv with the last of the preparations for the wedding and I feel like she's freaking out because she's always saying that something's missing or that people won't like. Kind of like now...

(Maya) "Liv, I told you, everything is going to be okay."

(Olivia) "But what if there isn't enough food?"

We are lying on the chairs by the pool and she's making sure, for the hundredth time, that everything is going the right way. I'm just sun-bathing on my bikini and Mace's sunglasses that I «borrowed». Mace, Mike, Phil and Bobby are playing table soccer on the other side of the pool and it seems to be a pretty intensive game because every five seconds, one of them yells, cussing.

(Maya) "There will be plenty of food. Actually, I think there will be more food than what we need."

(Olivia) "You think?" – she asks extremely worried.

Shit, what have I done...?

(Maya) "Liv." – I sit to face her. – "Relax, enjoy the beautiful and warm day. Forget about the wedding because what matters is that you and Mike will finally be married. Fuck everything else."

She takes a deep breath and leans back. I lay on the chair and I close my eyes. I'm almost asleep when someone wet lies on top of me. I open my eyes and all I see is green.

(Mason) "Hey!"

Some droplets of water fall from his hair and I wince because the water is freaking cold.

(Maya) "You're kind of heavy." – I try to take him off of me.

(Mason) "Come to the water with me." – he whines.

(Maya) "No, it's cold!"

He rubs his hair on my face and it gets full of water. I try to clean it but he grabs my wrists and pins them behind his back.

(Maya) "You're all wet and you're making me wet too." – I whine.

He smirks.

(Maya) "You pervert." – I say with a serious expression.

(Mason) "I'll give you a kiss if you come with me."

(Maya) "Ew, I don't want your kisses." – I make a disgusted face.

He kisses my right cheek.

(Mason) "Stop that." – I giggle.

He kisses my forehead.

(Maya) "Mason." – I warn him.

He kisses my left cheek.

(Maya) "Fine!"

We both get up and I put the sunglasses on the chair. I walk to the edge of the pool and before I know it, I'm being pushed by in. I emerge and I see him laughing his ass off, near the pool.

(Maya) "No more sex for you."

He stops laughing and looks at me a little scared. I swim to the other side of the pool and I lean my back against the edge. He jumps to the pool and swims to me. I push his chest with my foot and he grabs it, putting my leg on top of his shoulder. He swims to me until his chest is touching mine and I have to admit, this position is somewhat weird because it's like I'm doing the split.

He puts his arms on the edge of the pool, around my shoulders.

(Maya) "Can you let me take my leg off, please?"