Once four orbs are chasing me through the skies, I speed up my air-steps and make my dodges slowly drift in the direction of my enemy.

I'm well aware if one of these energy balls is pierced open the orange energy inside that leaks out is not pretty. I remember feeling it burn through my soul energy buff, armor, mana shielding, and skin with ease.

A repeat of that event is not what I'm aiming for here.

I lock my eyes onto the chestplate of the Dark Guard that is now beginning to conjure two more orbs and focus all my active perception skill's strength into my All-Seeing Eye.

A wave of energy pierces through the dense black material and I sense the presence of an orange beating heart.

Taking a deep breath, I aim my sword directly at it, then concentrate on channeling the majority of my available Qi to surround my blade rather than using it for defensive measures. I'm confident that I'm fast enough to dodge its orbs of energy, and I'm not getting any particularly strong barrier readings from its armor other than the appraisal blocking perks and a high B Grade Mana Shielding attribute.

So, I airstep forward and make my move.

Making full advantage of the crimson thread of my Swordsmanship skill, and activating surges of intimidation building stronger with every stride, the new orbs of black matter get larger in its hands that it holds above its head, but my perception of reality is far quicker than it has the ability to process.

In what feels like just the blink of an eye, I cut the distance between us down to less than an arm's length and swing my sword white hot with Qi directly through the creature's upper torso.

It doesn't even have a moment to react.

The blade slices through its armor like butter, and I feel trace amounts of my Qi being burned away as it sinks into the black veil of energy beneath that makes up its body. However, it's not near enough to stop the sharp edge of my sword crack its rib cage and puncture the orange beating heart.

The instance I feel the blade comes out the backside of its chestplate, I follow through with vigor and activate extreme speed to dash past to its back side cutting all the way through. I channel the majority of my Qi back to defense once my blade leaves its body and turn my head to watch all six orbs of energy twist out of control and explode without anyone to hold them.

[Level Up]

[Level Up]

[Level Up]

[Level Up]

[Level Up]

[Level Up]

[Level Up]

[Level Up]

I hit level 692, but let its armor and body fall to the city below as I have more important things to worry about right now.

My attention shifts back to the formation of approaching guards, and see that they're less than half a kilometer from me now. In the gaze of my enemy detection perk, I watch the leader give the same hand motion to attack as before, but this time all four of the remaining guards fly forward with energy orbs forming above their hands.

Their speed is a bit more impressive than the guard that just attacked me, and once all four of them get within about 100 meters of me and release 8 orbs of explosive Soul Energy my way, I manage to get a reading on their levels.

Two come curving around on my left and right sides, clocking in at [Lv. 847] and [Lv. 871].

Then, one comes soaring through the air right toward me down the middle at [Lv. 901].