I consider it for a second.

(Maya) "Alright."

I sit on the stool in front of him and I start eating from his bowl. He just stares at me.

(Mason) "You're not going to change the spoon?"

(Maya) "Your tongue was in my mouth not an hour ago. Are you worried about cooties now?" – I raise my eyebrow.

He smirks. Some minutes later he starts sniffing. He leans and smells my hair.

(Mason) "Why do you smell like mint?"

(Maya) "I used your shampoo. I forgot to buy one."

I get up and he laughs. I put the bowl on the sink and I start climbing the stairs to brush my teeth. I go back to the living room and Mike and I head out the door. He tosses me the keys and I drive us to the airport. We get inside and we stop when we see the door where the passengers come out.

(Maya) "So who is Olivia?"

He smiles.

(Mike) "You'll see."

I look around to find anything suspicious; I guess I'll gain that habit now. A lot of people start coming out of the door and I see that Mike is growing a little impatient. Before I realize, he's running to the ramp to hug a beautiful woman with black hair and dark green eyes. He lifts her up and I hear her laughing. I start smiling.

When they break from the hug, he grabs her cheeks and kisses her passionately.
Wait, what?!
He comes hand in hand with her and they stop in front of me. Mike is wearing the biggest grin I've ever seen.

(Mike) "Sweetheart, this is Maya. She's new in the Empire."

(Olivia) "Hi!" – she smiles and gives me a hug. – "It's so nice to meet you!"

(Maya) "It's really good to meet you too." – I smile back.

(Olivia) "So, what do you do at the Empire?"

(Maya) "I'm uh..."

(Mike) "How about we talk when we get home?"

She nods her head and we leave for the car. They both get in the backseat but I don't mind because they make a really cute couple. I drive back to the house and I type the code on the pole by the gate. I park the car in front of the house and we get out. Mike opens the door and right when I close it behind us, Mason comes running down the stairs like a little kid and hugs Olivia.

(Mason) "I missed you so much!"

(Olivia) "Me too!"

They break from the hug and I just stand there, awkwardly.

(Mason) "Have you met Maya, Liv?"

(Olivia) "I have. She's beautiful."

(Mason) "She is..." – he mutters.

His eyes widen when he realizes that we heard that.

Mason's P.O.V

Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck!
No one was supposed to hear that.

(Maya) "...Thank you..." – she says embarrassed.

I scratch the back of my neck.

(Olivia) "So why did we hire another hottie?"

(Mike) "Another?" – he chuckles.

(Olivia) "Yes, you imbecile, I'm hot."

(Mike) "I know." – he winks at her and she giggles.

I smack the back of his head.

(Mason) "Watch it, she's my cousin!"

(Maya) "Oh... I get it now... The whole, hug thing." – she waves her hands in the air.

Liv just laughs at her reaction.

(Olivia) "So what do you do in this... Crew..." – she furrows her brows.

Funny fact: no one actually knows what we are. Gang, crew, chest club... It's a fucking mystery.

(Mason) "She's my bodyguard."

Liv looks confused.

(Olivia) "Well, Mason must really like you to nominate you as his bodyguard."

(Maya) "I think he just hit his head somewhere... Who knows?" – she shrugs and hides her smirk.

Liv laughs and I glare at them.

(Olivia) "I like you." – she puts her arm around Maya's shoulders.

(Mason) "Liv, I know you just came here but I need you to do something."

(Olivia) "What?"

(Mason) "I need you to see her shoulder and change the ligature."

Maya's expression turns to a serious one and Liv is just confused.

(Olivia) "Why, what happened to your shoulder?" – she asks her.

(Maya) "Nothing too important." – she gives her a reassuring smile.

(Mason) "Don't disobey my order. Go to the infirmary."

She lowers her head and goes to the basement.

(Olivia) "What happened?"

(Mason) "Come on, you'll see."

I put my hand on her back to let her go ahead of me and when we get to the infirmary, Maya is already seated on the gurney, playing with her fingers.

Liv takes her jacket off and I lean on the doorframe with my arms crossed. Maya takes her jacket off too.

(Olivia) "Alright, let's see what we got here."

She takes the ligature off and gasps once she sees the wound. It's red because you can see the flesh. It's kind of disgusting but I think that this whole thing is making me nauseated because of what happened to her. Her boss tortured her and left her to die. If she doesn't have the balls to kill him in the future, I will.

(Olivia) "This wasn't just an accident. It's a lot of skin. How did this happen?"

I look at Maya's brown eyes but they don't meet my green ones.

(Maya) "I uh..."

(Mason) "A guy cut her skin off where she had a tattoo."

(Olivia) "Why would he do that?" – she looks at me.

(Mason) "Because he's sick. But I'll find him and she'll kill him."

I see a light smile appearing on Maya's soft lips.

(Olivia) "If you don't kill him, I will."

She starts treating the wound and puts another ligature on her shoulder.

(Maya) "Thank you."

(Olivia) "It's my job." – she smiles.

Maya looks at her confused.

(Olivia) "I'm the doctor."

(Maya) "Oh..." – she giggles.

Maya's P.O.V

She giggles too.

(Mason) "If you two are done, we have to go upstairs to look for your boss."

I nod my head and we go upstairs to find everyone waiting for us.

(Olivia) "Hi!"

She hugs the other three men she didn't see when she came in.

(Mason) "Rob, do you have everything prepared?"

(Rob) "I do, boss."

(Mason) "Good then, let's go."

Where are we going?
They start leaving the house and I follow them to the huge garage that is right next to the house. I enter it, I see several things, which I assume they are cars, hidden under plastics.