⊹𝖥𝗈𝗋𝗍ɣ Τ⍵𝗈⊹

Start from the beginning

He tried to push aside the nagging feeling of doubt, but it was impossible to ignore. Ariana had been distant lately, and no matter how many times he tried to call or text her, she never seemed to have time for him anymore.

After the show, Jungkook retreated to his hotel room, feeling more alone than ever. He pulled out his phone and dialed Ariana's number, heart pounding as he waited for her to answer.

"Hey, Jungkook," her voice came through the line, sounding tired.

"Ariana, hey," Jungkook said, trying to keep his voice steady. "I've been trying to reach you. Is everything okay?"

"Yeah, everything's fine," Ariana replied, but there was something in her tone that made Jungkook's heart sink.

"Are you sure?" he pressed, unable to shake the feeling of unease. "You've been really distant lately, and I can't help but feel like something's wrong."

Ariana sighed, and Jungkook could hear the exhaustion in her voice. "I'm just really busy with work, Jungkook. You know how it is."

"But it feels like more than just work," Jungkook insisted. "I've seen the photos, Ariana. Who are those guys you're with?"

There was a long pause on the other end of the line, and Jungkook's heart clenched with fear. Finally, Ariana spoke, her voice barely above a whisper. "They're just friends, Jungkook. You have to trust me."

But Jungkook couldn't shake the feeling of doubt that gnawed at him. "I want to trust you, Ariana. I do. But it's hard when you're halfway across the world, and I don't even know what you're doing."

"I know, Jungkook," Ariana said softly. "I wish I could be there with you, but I have to focus on my career right now. Can you understand that?"

Jungkook felt a lump form in his throat. "Of course, I understand. I just... I miss you, Ariana. And I don't know how much longer I can do this."

"I miss you too, Jungkook," Ariana whispered. 

But Jungkook couldn't shake the feeling that there was more to it than just work. "Is there someone else?" he blurted out before he could stop himself.

Ariana's eyes widened in surprise, and she felt hurt "What? No, of course not! How could you even think that?"

Jungkook felt a pang of guilt at the hurt in her voice, but he couldn't shake the doubts that had been gnawing at him for weeks now. "I don't know... It just feels like you're pulling away from me."

Ariana sighed, running a hand through her hair. "I'm not pulling away from you, Jungkook. I love you, you know that. But maybe we just need some time apart to figure things out."

Jungkook felt like he'd been punched in the gut. "Time apart? What are you saying?"

Ariana took a pause and said "I think we should take a break."

Jungkook felt like his world was crumbling around him. He had always thought that they were meant to be together

Jungkook felt like his world was crumbling around him as he listened to Ariana's words over the phone. Each syllable felt like a dagger to his heart as she uttered the phrase he had never imagined hearing from her: "Take a break."

"But why?" Jungkook's voice trembled with emotion. "What did I do wrong?"

Ariana's voice crackled through the phone, tears evident in her tone. "You didn't do anything wrong, Jungkook. It's just... things have been so complicated lately, and I don't know how to fix it."

Jungkook struggled to hold back his own tears. "But we can fix it together, can't we? We've been through so much already, Ariana. Please, don't give up on us."