⊹Τ𝗁ꪱᜒ𝗋𝗍ɣ 𝖲౿𝗏౿𐓣⊹

Author's POV

Ariana's trembling hands clutched the blood-stained gun, her heart pounding like a drum. She looked down at Daniel, her rapist, lying lifeless at her feet. Panic surged through her veins as the distant wails of sirens grew nearer, the sound echoing the tumult within her.

"Should I call the police?" she whispered to herself, her voice barely audible in the dimly lit underground room. The concrete walls seemed to close in around her, and she couldn't shake the fear of being discovered.

Her mind raced through the options, each one more daunting than the last. She could still hear Daniel's mocking laughter and feel his hands on her, and the room seemed to blur as memories intertwined with the present.

The siren sounds grew louder, and Ariana knew she had to make a choice. In a moment of desperation, she began wiping the knife clean, her movements methodical, almost mechanical. She knew she had to act quickly, but the world felt like it was closing in on her.

Ariana was not in her penthouse building; she found herself in an outskirt warehouse, in an underground room. The surroundings were eerie, with dim light casting long shadows. It was as if she had descended into the depths of her own personal hell.

Suddenly, in a cruel twist, her mind replayed the traumatic memories of that night with Daniel. She saw his face contorted in anger, his menacing advances, and the desperate struggle to defend herself. The violence, the pain, and the overwhelming fear played out in vivid detail.

"Ariana, you can't escape this," Daniel's voice echoed in her mind, sending shivers down her spine.

"No," she muttered defiantly, though her own voice felt feeble against the memory. The nightmare seemed to have no end.

With a gasp, Ariana jolted awake in a different place. She was in her father's mansion, in a room filled with opulent furnishings and soft moonlight filtering through the curtains. It was a stark contrast to the underground room, a haven of safety.

But her heart still raced, and her breath came in ragged bursts. She was grateful to be out of that nightmare, yet the weight of her actions lingered, and her thoughts were a maelstrom of confusion and fear.

In the darkness, Ariana felt Jungkook's comforting presence. He had been with her through it all, her unwavering support. He held her close, his arms a sanctuary against the chaos of her mind.

"Ariana, you're safe," Jungkook whispered softly, his voice a soothing balm. "It's over."

She clung to him, seeking refuge in his embrace. In that moment, words felt unnecessary, and Ariana knew that her love and trust in Jungkook were unshakable. His arms provided a safe harbor in the storm of her emotions.

As Ariana's racing heart gradually calmed, she whispered, "I'm so scared, Jungkook. What have I done?"

He kissed her forehead gently and replied, "We'll get through this together. We'll face the consequences together. I love you."

Ariana clung to Jungkook, her fear and confusion still lingering. He had never said "I love you" to her, a deliberate choice he'd made to avoid scaring her off. He believed in Ariana's strength, but he also understood her fear of commitment, a fear rooted in the scars of her past.

In the soft moonlight, Ariana whispered, "Thank you for being here, Jungkook. I don't know what I'd do without you."

Jungkook simply held her tighter, understanding that their love didn't need to be vocalized to be deeply felt. They shared a connection that transcended words, and their actions spoke volumes.