Chapter 38

In the intricate dance of feelings, Jennie and Rosé found their way back to each other, their connection undeniable. Jisoo couldn't help but feel like an outsider in this love story. No matter the depth of Rosé's feelings for Jisoo, it seemed that the bond with Jennie was unbreakable. The completion fueled Jisoo's rage and envy – not towards her sister, but towards the unattainable love that Rosé seemed to reserve exclusively for Jennie. Jisoo wrestled with the pain of unrequited love, questioning why Rosé couldn't reciprocate her feelings with the same intensity she reserved for Jennie.

Rosé glances back at Jisoo before catching up to So-hee, Jennie, Irene, or Hyeri. 

"Why it's so hard to unlove someone?" Jisoo sighed.

Her eyes were stuck on Rosé whose eyes were only and only reserved to glance at Jennie while Jennie grinned to herself comprehending Rosé was scrutinising her. The things were getting amplified because Jisoo knew Rosé loved her but the only difference was Rosé love for Jennie was unconditional, everlasting, and limitless she was sure Rosé wouldn't hesitate to throw herself into Jennie's arms if Jennie asked her to.

She could notice each worried gaze Jennie threw at Rosé, for the world they were giving each other space but did anyone know they didn't even need to speak to converse, their eyes were enough that Jennie shuffled through her handbag handing a pain-reliving gel to Rosé and Jisoo couldn't understand how does Jennie know? She was sure only she knew.

"What's wrong with you?" Hyeri asked.

Rosé shrugged, "Shoulder pain, I kind of slipped on rocks when I was taking pictures with Mrs Manoban"

So-hee hummed, "Wait... how does she know?"

Irene laughed, "I thought you were giving each other space, already done with that?" 

Jennie rolled her eyes, "Shut it, can't you see, her arm was stiff, she was whining and massaging her shoulder. You guys are blind" She strode forward to avoid them holding onto Rosé's bag tightly.

Hyeri sighed, "We are not blind, it just that you notice everything about her"

"Gross" So-hee made a revolted face.

The remainder of the walk was marked by a subtle tension, both Rosé and Jisoo were lost in their thoughts, navigating the delicate balance of their complicated relationships.

"This is bad, a Valentine's Day with you" So-hee joshed taking the seat across the table for breakfast, she was quite good at masking her feelings though her eyes were saying something else not knowing why would she like to spend time with Rosé.

Rosé fake coughed, "What is that supposed to mean? 

"You're irritating" So-hee shrugged.

Rosé found herself twisted in a web of feelings, overlooking the So-hee's admiration for her. Her gaze inadvertently met Jisoo's, who was seated with Lisa or Seulgi. In Jisoo's eyes, there was an unmistakable confidence, a clear desire for Rosé. This actualisation left Rosé feeling conflicted and condemnable for getting involved with Jisoo once more. After all, it was Jisoo who initially sought a purely physical relationship. So why did Jisoo's gaze have the power to weaken her resolve about loving Jennie?

She got up feeling like it was her fault for leaving Jisoo hanging when it was Jisoo who left her in the first place so why did it bother her? She glanced around to find Jennie, she wanted Jennie to calm down before she gave herself to temptation, she didn't like how Jisoo's gaze could weaken her.

So-hee held her hand before she could run, "Where are you going?"

The flaming desire or the ache grew the more Jisoo stared at her, everything began to feel overwhelming even her feelings which she didn't understand because if she only 'Like' Jisoo so why did the 'Like' hold more power over her than her love for Jennie? Why does Jisoo's gaze make her head spin? Why did Jisoo's gaze make her feel like it was her fault for loving Jennie when it had always been Jennie, right?