Chapter 4

Jennie's pov

"Please..." the girl beseeched on her knee. "Stop," she places her hand in the air for me to quit in the boxing ring.

I have won the match but did I truly win? I looked in the crowd spotting the love of my life looking into her phone, it was straining again. My heart was hurting painfully glimpsing her not cheering for me anymore. She used to chant my name at the top of her lungs in high school and when I got out of the ring she permanently kissed my wounds.

I couldn't help myself when I knocked the girl in front of me by punching and breaking her jaw maybe, the entire place was chanting my name 'Jennie Kim' and I was the moon for everyone in the room, no one could have me.

Yes, a moon that has no sky anymore to keep me shining.

"Congratulations, Jennie" the announcer expressed on speaker but my eyes never left her. She wasn't looking at me, my love wasn't looking at me.

"Thank you..." I sensed my breath quavering, I couldn't breathe. My love wasn't looking at me.

"Get off" I pushed the award aside leaving for my coach to take dashing upstairs to Rosie snatching her phone from her to check what the hell was more important to her instead of seeing me prevailing.

"What the-" she ceased. "Jennie? What are you-"She glanced at the aisle recognising I had already won while she was too occupied. "You won?" she smiled, at least she was happy for me.

Before I could raise my voice she embraced me in her arms picking me up, "You won! You're champion, Jen" she intonated.

I felt my heart at ease, In a manner of speaking I have won the world but I failed to achieve myself. Just like others, I blend with them yet why I don't know how to live anymore? Getting ensnared in the world, I have lost myself and she was the only one who fetched me back to myself, I was closest to me when she was the one preserving me.

I cupped her face in between my hands still wearing the Velcro though she didn't mind all the sweat and blood I was covered in, "I won, love..." I could barely hold my tears.

She put me down grazing her delicate fingers on my cheek and I discovered I was bruised all over my face. She wasn't disgusted by anything when she hugged me securely and it hurt because I couldn't kiss her in the crowd, I can't we both understand how much I want to love her, I just can't.

"You're hurt... where is your doctor?" she peeked around, people clapping for us presuming she was my best friend. She wasn't, she was everything I couldn't fight for.

She was doing this again, fretting about me. No matter how much I can't fight for her she simply can't stop and how 'The strings of our heart are connected as if they are shackles' which keep us together yet hurt us more than anything.

If I were the moon she was my sky, I loved most, cherished the most, and protected her like a warrior and her beauty was beyond the world, the way her gaze made my heart dance swaying in my chest relishing her warmth.

I pull her to me as I take off my red boxing gloves, cupping her face close to mine, "Shh... my doctor is right here" I held her hand taking her with me out of the boxing court in the corner where no one would see.

I stapled her onto the wall while her eyes cried for me, her eyes always cried for me. Why does she feel my pain? I hate it to see her in tears and her hands grazing on my bruised face thumb skimming at the corner of my lips, "You need treatment, Jennie"

I nodded stowing her hands on my cheeks and I felt this wave of contentment in my body by her touch. "Treat me..." I pressed our forehead and she kissed my forehead hugging me.