Chapter 9

Play Marilyn Monroe by Limi (For those who didn't search the playlist!)

"Are you serious?"

All the culpability came scampering back in the morning witnessing the girl I wanted to let go was clasping onto me when I saw her dozing on the davenport in my room. She had her dark brown hair muffled while she rubbed her palms on her eyes attempting to open her eyes. Adorable.

"What? Joy said she wouldn't be home last night and I couldn't leave you here alone all by yourself" She stretched her tiny arms up showing off her abs so I looked away.

"You didn't have to be here, Liv sleep across the hallway"

"Well, I can't leave you alone with a maid." She got up and wriggled up to me on the bed steering off her gummy smile making my stomach somersault.

"Stop it" I tugged the cover on my neck.

She glowers giving me a quick kiss, "Stop what, love?"

"This"

"This? How am I gonna know? What 'this' you're speaking about if you won't say?"

"Stop smiling"

She snickered which presumably stimulated her queen bee ego, "Oh, yeah? Does your heart beat quicker, baby?"

There is one thing about Jennie that I can't stop how my body responds to her, I can't control how my heart flies to her as soon as she spreads her arms to embrace me because it is home, where I should belong. I don't want to live in her anymore I want to be disencumbered from this feeling where she vamooses without any exculpation and the next day shows up making up for all the things she does.

I pivoted my head though she drove me back on the pillow coming on top of me with her feather-like kisses onto my jaw. Her kisses went down my throat tumbling her hands in my top and compelling me to wheeze at the feeling of her touch chafing onto my bruised skin, Jisoo had long nails that bruised my body wherever she touched me and it commenced to ache at her feather-like contact and she discontinued onto my stomach scrutinising me, her jaw clenched, eyes glowering at me which made me acknowledge she knows.

"Je-"

"You didn't, Chaeyoung. You didn't do it, Chaeyoung. Tell me you didn't!" She shouted groping my waist severely, her fingers scouring in my skin.

"Stop it, Jennie. It's aching..." I grip the sheet in my fist and my other hand grabs onto her hand on my waist.

She got off the bed leaving me whining in pain, now the fear was back. The fear of losing her, then again this is what I want, right? My first instinct was to pursue her to console her when I halted sitting back on my bed because if I went to her, she would think she still mattered to me. Yet I couldn't simply sit on the bed so I got up roaming in my room back and forth, right or left or in circles peeling the skin of my thumb.

"Liv!" I yelled.

She arrives rushing to me, "Yes, Ms. Park?"

I don't understand how to ask queries whereas everyone who knows me consistently answers my unspoken questions most of the time.

"Ms Kim said she's going out for a walk" she answered before I could question.

I sighed in alleviation, "I didn't ask you about Jennie, anyway, I need milk ice cream for dessert when Jennie gets back"

"If she don't?" She didn't meet my eyes, comprehending the question was reasonable I bit back my tongue to say 'She would come back' because she always does.

"Then throw it" I gestured for her to leave and close the door.

-

"What's wrong with you two, today?" Joy canvassed across the dining table glimpsing the distance between mine and Jennie's chair for the first time in years.