Chapter 25

I tumbled to my knees in the searing sand, witnessing Jennie's outburst ushered at Jisoo. Tears filled her eyes, transforming into an overwhelming rage. She ran her hands through her brown hair, clenching the strands in her fists. In stark contrast, Jisoo remained blank, seemingly unaffected or unharmed. She tightly pursed her lips, shooting a glance at me from the corner of her eyes. In the moonlight, her gaze illuminated, sending my heart sprinting in fear.

Jisoo took a step toward Jennie though she moved back after, "Jenn—" she ceased by Jennie's glare.

"Do not speak to me, not now, not ever"

Jennie retrieved the box from the sand, the ring within, casting me a final, piercing glare before departing. In that fleeting moment, her clenched palms revealed a storm of emotions. It was evident; that she harbored an intense resentment toward me. The weight of her disdain hung in the air as she walked away, leaving behind an unspoken ache.

I gasped under the weight of her cold gaze, questions flooding my mind. Why was she here? How did she arrive so quickly? Was it for me? Did she come for me? Dark thoughts clouded my judgment with each passing second, intensifying as I witnessed Jisoo staring at me. She took a step towards me, only to turn away, collecting her blazer and shoes before leaving.

Frozen in place, a realization set in, one piece at a time. I couldn't shake off the mortification of being with Jisoo. How could I not have known? Why didn't she tell me or stop me? Or halt whatever was happening? Was she so self-centered? The urge to bombard her with questions surged, yet how could I? I wasn't a saint either.

It would have been better if I had drowned instead of facing this humiliation, what I have done to Jennie? Would I ever be able to face her? Do I want to face her? No, I'd rather disappear.

"Are you freaking kidding me, right? Please tell me you were simply rambling stupid things" Hyeri was wandering in the room in front of me from right to left while I told her the whole thing sitting on my bed.

"Jisoo is Jennie's older sister, I didn't know. How would I supposed to know? Jisoo left the house when she was 17, she ran away after graduation because her family wanted her to be what Jennie is today, she don't want to dedicate her life to other people or stupid law firm crap. I might be 9. I have never seen her, Jennie's sister rarely visits home. She lived her most of life in the hostel."

"Oh my god, how can you not know or see her picture? Or anything! And how the fuck you get into a stupid sexual relationship with her, are you... wow, this is a lot to take" She sat in front of me still her hands on her head.

"When Jisoo ran off, Kim had her picture or everything related to her removed. They despise her or you could say, they never liked to be called Jisoo's parents. Jisoo never came back and how can I suppose to guess it's the same Jisoo? There are a lot of Jisoo in the world and Jennie could've told me but of course, she didn't.

She hated Jisoo more than anyone because she loved her so much thinking her sister would come back someday but her hate began when she turned 14 recognising her sister was never coming back for her. She has to be what Kim's training Jisoo to be that's why Jisoo has been living in a hostel since Jisoo was a kid. Oh fuck, this is shit I can't. I fucked up, how could I not know? I should have talked to Jisoo about her family background, shit, shit, Joy would kill me."

She taps on her chin nodding as if discovering something, "Now I get it"

I scowled, "What?"

"Why you were attracted to Jisoo, You have a thing for Kim"

I groaned smacking her head from the pillow, "This is ain't funny, why did Jennie even come here? Jisoo was confessing to me I guess when Jennie saw us, god, I'm dead. I hope my sister won't find me"