Chapter 40

The pain became excruciating for Rosé. Her mind was obfuscated, with only fleeting flashes of Jennie's smile tormenting her reflectings. The most severe part was envisioning Jennie's happiness without her, a scenario that tore at her heart. She scuffled with the agony, unable to comprehend why her world seemed to revolve around Jennie.

Why was it that she cared so much about Jennie? Why couldn't she imagine a life without her? Or perhaps, why couldn't she love in the same carefree way Jisoo did? Why couldn't she be as effortlessly free-spirited as Jisoo? Why did everything seem less painful with Jisoo around?

Her hands quavered on the steering wheel, the weight of these questions intensifying the ache in her heart. The afternoon hung heavy with shadows as Rosé sat alone in her car, the rhythmic hum of the engine the only companion to the storm of emotions swirling within her. The absence of Jennie, a void she couldn't fathom, echoed loudly in the hollow spaces of her heart. The weight of their complicated relationship bore down on her shoulders, each moment of silence a haunting reminder of the unspoken pain.

Her phone rang, "What is it, Joy?" she clutched the wheel staring forward yet she could not see anything except a black space.

"I have made you your favorit-"

"I'll talk to you later, I...I'm, I'm busy" She disconnected cause even the sound of someone else annoyed her.

Misery and loneliness merged into a crescendo of affliction, a symphony of internal discord that reverberated through her being. The steering wheel felt foreign beneath her convulsive fingers as she scuffled with the suffocating ache of Jennie's absence. In a moment of despair, a surge of emotions collided with rational thought, and a wave of impulsivity seized control.

With tear-blurred vision and a heart-pounding in disarray, Rosé accelerated, the world outside her car becoming a blur. The walls of her emotions, like the concrete barrier approaching, closed in around her.

In that fraction of a moment, the collision became a tangible manifestation of the chaos within-a desperate attempt to break free from the intolerable weight of sequestration. She clenched her jaw as her head pounded in scan with her heart, and with that, she closed her eyes recalling each laugh she shared with Jennie, each loving fight, each jealous moment or how Jennie had made up to her and she closed her eyes with no hesitation because she can bear anything in the world but not a life where Jennie can be happy without her because Jennie was supposed to be hers.

In the melodic deceptive dance she cannot stop the way she feels, the obsessive love has consumed her that she is lost in it and now without it, she has nowhere to go except to find some peace before her heart stops beating she chooses to stop it by herself.

The impact reverberated through the car, and time seemed to slow. Shattered glass and twisted metal mirrored the fractured fragments of Rosé's heart. In the aftermath of the collision, amidst the haze of pain, she found herself in a quiet cocoon of despair, the external chaos mirroring the internal storm that had driven her to this desperate act. She hit her car in front of Jennie's house barricade wall. She ended the pain, she ended the turbulence of being torn between two people she gave her life to and she had never been more free from this obsessive love.

Because she has nowhere to be except Jennie's doorstep.

-

"Cha- Roseanne, I... there is.. someone called me. Someone-I'm..." Jennie's lips quivered bashing her hands on the counter in the hospital's reception so Jisoo placed her hand on Jennie's shoulder to step back.

For the first time, Jennie agreed clutching her hair, tears dribbling from her cheeks. Jisoo gulped, "We are looking for-I mean... is there any patient who hit her car on the wall-Her name is Rosea-"