38

────
A thousand times yes
────

"I saw something when I was transitioning." I said once we were all back inside.

"You saw something?"

"Yeah, I saw memories."

"Can you explain what you saw Ji?" Chan asked and I nodded.

"I saw Minho and I but it was like very ancient. Like village era back. We were in love and it was not okay to love a man. It was a sin, Minho got burned alive when the high priestess found out about us."

"She wanted to burn me too, there was a sadness in her eyes though. I didn't go down so easily. I cut the throat of the man tying me up and I slid my own wrist. Then I chanted a spell, or a curse I don't really know."

"She told me I'd have a price to pay, I would have to pay with blood and I did. I killed myself, only to be resurrected when I was in my grave. I didn't remember anything but I was a vampire. I had a thirst for blood and I slaughtered village after village."

"I was looking for something without knowing what it was. One day I stumbled upon Minho's village and felt this instant connection with him. I couldn't kill him so I didn't. We got together and had to overcome many things until in the end Minho was killed trying to save me, I let myself be killed by the hunters."

"It sounds like the story of the first vampire." Chan spoke softly.

"You're telling me that Jisung is the first vampire Chan?"

Chan slowly nodded.

"You can't be serious. How's that possible."

"Jisung and you are both reincarnations of the first versions of you. The curse Jisung cast is responsible for it."

"Jisung had magic as a human?"

"My mom was the high priestess, so I got the divine blessing from her and knew how rituals worked." He shrugged.

"So the whole soulmate thing?"

"It's true, our souls are connected. They were even before the curse to link us together in a circle of incarnation until we could live happily together."

"Wow." Minho was flabbergasted.

I chuckled at his reaction before ruffling his hair. "You're so cute." Minho flushed red and the others laughed.

"Who knew, these two had such a fate." Hyunjin said still amazed.

"Not even I could tell." Felix said as he just looked at me.

"It really doesn't change anything."

"Ji's right, bound soulmates or not. It doesn't really change anything for us nor them."

"Ah Ji, Charlie keeps calling." Jeongin said reluctantly.

"Shit, what do I tell him? I don't want him to think I'm dead Minho! Can we tell him? He won't tell anyone else." I pleaded with them.

"If the volturi knew, they'd have our heads." Chan said.

"I trust Charlie, but are you sure he won't say anything. He's an officer after all."

"He won't, please." I gave Minho puppy dog eyes. He sighed and looked at Chan who also sighed and reluctantly nodded.

I cheered happily and grabbed my phone. Immediately calling Charlie telling him to come over.

Felix helped me get ready by putting in some contacts just because I'd have to get used to them anyways.

It didn't take Charlie long to come and he was relieved to see me but confused as to the being mysterious.

"Charlie I have something to tell you, I want you to promise me that regardless of what you hear. You'll keep it a secret beyond death!"

"What's going on Jisung?"

"Please just promise me!" I pleaded and he nodded. "I promise now what's going on?"

"I've recently gone through changes and I'm no longer human."

"What?"

"I'm a vampire."

He eyed me weirdly before saying. "I don't have time for jokes Jisung."

"It's not a joke." I speed to him and he nearly has a heart attack. "See, I'm no longer human. I had an accident and this was the only way to save me." I explained.

"Wha- this is insane. I must be going crazy, I have to tell someone." Charlie was muttering shit. He was scared and confused.

"Charlie," no reply. "Dad! Please I'm still the same me you know. I'm still Han Jisung, I just have a different eating habit and some inhuman abilities. But I'm still me besides all that. Please don't tell anyone." I begged him.

He looked at me with tears in his eyes. "You called me dad." He mumbled and I nodded cheeks slightly flushing. "I won't tell son. Just promise to visit often yeah?"

"Of course." I smiled and hugged him tightly. We felt the same. I was happy and everyone around me was happy. This is the best thing I could wish for.