13

────
Who decides what's fake and real?
────

The rest of the weekend I spend my time researching about my potential discovery. I went on tons and tons of websites trying to find out things that matched.

Blood suckers, vampires, undead, immortal, cold as ice. Inhuman capabilities. I mean it all checks out.

Monday I drove to school ready to confront him with my newest theory that sounds very bulletproof.

I mean it was soundproof as can be, with everything I know. My classes went by so slow as I was anticipating the moment where I'd see him.

Finally it was lunch time, I walked inside the room and was greeted by the Minho himself. "Hi."

"Hi. Do you still have to get some food?" He asked me and I shook my head. "I'm not hungry, let's go sit down." I ushered him to the empty table we sat at previously.

"You know it always amazes me how this table is always free."

Minho chuckled. "I have a reputation you know."

"I can see that." I stood up and went to sit next to him. He swallowed hard.

"Why?"

"Cuz I wanted to and because I have to make sure no one hears us. I have a new theory."

He cocked his eyebrows. "Do tell."

"You're a vampire." His eyes widened and I guess I hit the nail on it's head with that one.

"How?"

"Honestly it's a embarrassing story." I scratched the back of my head. "I was jamming to vampire by Olivia Rodrigo and something just clicked and I did some research."

"You found out because of a song about some manipulating ex of hers?" I nodded my head.

"I'm offended by that."

"So it's actually true then? You're a vampire?"

He sighed. "It's no use keeping it from you now, now is there?" I shook my head and he sighed again. "It's true."

"Your entire family is as well then?" He nodded.

"This is kinda cool. The guy I like is a vampire." I chuckled.

"Jisung, you know we can only be friends." He looked at me and his eyes held a certain sadness.

"Why? I don't care if you're a vampire, werewolf or the freaking sad man. It doesn't change the fact that I like you."

"Jisung please." He pleaded with me and sighed. I stood up and walked back to the opposite of the table. "I can wait, because I have a feeling you like me like that too. I don't know what you're so afraid of exactly. But I know what I want and that's you. So think it over. I'll see you in bio."

"You won't, I'm skipping."

"Alright then see you tomorrow Minho."

I walked away with a huff and sat down at my spot in the classroom.

"Class it's blood drive day! So let's all hold out our pinkies so I can take some blood. You guys will analyse your blood. And if you want you can go donate some blood. You need to be 18 to do it without permission from your parents." The teacher said but I wasn't really paying attention as he went on to stab people's fingers.

When it was my turn he pricked my fingers and let a couple of drops drip down. I suddenly felt very dizzy and I completely lost it and fainted.

"Jisung!"

I got shaken and slowly opened my eyes. "Mike take Jisung to the nurses office." The teacher called and Mike helped me up before slinging my arm around his neck and holding his around my waist.

"Ji what happened?" It was Minho he was walking in the hallway and stopped when he saw us. "Jisung fainted."

"What? Why?!" Minho asked before regaining his composure.

"I uh may or may not have skipped some meals." I chuckled awkwardly.

"Jisung! I'm taking you to the nurses office right now." Minho said as he picked me up bridal style and my face flushed a crimson red.

Mike was left dumbfounded. "I uh-"

"Go back to class mike I've got him." Minho said cold before carrying me to the nurses office without a sweat. That's vampires for ya.

I was placed on a bed to rest some. "Miss he fainted because he hasn't eaten anything. Do you have something for him?" Minho asked charming as ever. He had gotten a lollipop from the nurse who just couldn't get enough of him.

"Sure dear." She handed me a lollipop and didn't even suck on it, I bit into it. Because I needed the sugars.

"Miss do you think I could take him home so he can rest properly and eat something decent?" Minho asked. "That would be a splendid idea. I'll write you both a note so you're excused." She nodded to herself and wrote us a note.

Minho then picked me up and carried my bridal style to his car. He put me in it before handing me his lollipop, he smiled softly at me. "A gift."

"Thanks but you really didn't have to do that. I can walk on my own."

"Why haven't you eaten Jisung? You've been skipping so many meals why?"

I sighed.