14

────
There are no secrets I can keep from you
────

"I accidentally picked up a call from her and she wants my money. I have to give it to her by tomorrow." I explained.

"Why don't you just block her number, go to the authorities? It's your money not hers."

"She knows where I live Minho. She has her way with people and can easily manipulate them. She knows about you as well. I have to give her the money. She stresses me out so bad that I'm reverting back more into my old habits. That I got from her."

"Don't give her your money Ji. Whatever she's planning to do, she won't succeed." He spoke seriously and I just looked down.

"But what if she hurts you?"

Minho chuckled at this. "Vampire remember? I can't get hurt by a human."

"Right. But still."

"It's your money and she has no right to take it from you. Keep it for yourself."

I nodded agreeing with him. He was right he can't get hurt he's a vampire after all, immortal and all that.

"Why'd you look disgusted by me when you first saw me?"

"I wasn't disgusted. You smell good to me Jisung. Your blood smells really good and it makes it hard for me to control myself around you. It's why I stayed away."

"Why you stop then?"

"Because I don't have the strength to stay away from you anymore." He was completely honest with me right now. Showing his heart to me.

"So why don't you wanna be with me then?"

He looked down. "Because it's not safe Ji, I can't ever loose control with you."

I nodded. "Will you stay with me tonight? I haven't been able to sleep well since I know she knows where I live. Please?" I pleaded with him in the hopes he'd say yes.

"Alright but only because it concerns your safety. Now go inside and eat something."

I wanted to ask him inside but I don't think he would've given me that. "Fine. See you tonight Minho and thank you."

He gave me a curt nod before I got out of the car and walked inside. I rummaged through the fridge to find something I could eat just to please Minho.

I was bored out of my mind before Charlie came home. I had cooked some dinner for us seeing I had the time.

"I got a call from school today. They said you fainted?" He asked as soon as he saw me.

Shit

"Uh yeah, I uh fainted because of the blood." Smooth.

"The blood? I didn't know you fainted at the sight of blood."

I chuckled awkwardly I scratched back of neck. "Well now you do, anyways um dinner is ready." I said as he nodded and I took a plate for him and filled it with food before handing it to him.

I did the same for me before settling down at the table and eating my food.

I finished my food rather quickly whilst talking to Charlie about his multiple animal attacks.

I'm gonna ask Minho about that. I excused myself before going upstairs slowly to not make it look suspicious any way possible for Charlie.

I walked into my room and there he was sitting on my bed. "Hi."

"Hi."

"Just give me a minute to get ready." I said before I dashed to the bathroom to get changed. I was in sweatpants and a shirt as I don't do pyjamas.

When I got back into my room he was still in the exact same spot. I crawled on the bed next to him laying on my side just looking at him.

"You know you're really pretty." He looked at me and gave me a smile. "You're prettier."

"I'm really not. But uh anyways tell me more about your family."

"Well my family is different from other vampires, we don't want to be more monster then we already are. We hunt animals and feed on their blood."

"Vegetarian vampires?" He nodded. "We ourselves, our existence is a sin and this is a way to atone for it."

"It's really not Minho. So I'm assuming those animal attacks going on are vampires?"

He nodded.

"How old are you?"

"According to school I'm 18, but I'm 20."

"How long have you been 20?"

He looked at me. "Since 1986, Chan found me and turned me as I was dying." He looked outside before looking back to me. "I got drugged by my step dad. So I was high as a kite while dying. I can still remember the excruciating pain the change brought. Other then that I don't remember much of my past but that's because I don't want to remember." He admitted and just nodded processing the information he shared with me.

"You should go get some sleep, I'll pick you up tomorrow." He said as I whined a bit.

"Don't worry I'll stay here the whole night." I smiled before I against my will got under the covers and closed my eyes.

"Enjoy watching me sleep." I teased and I could feel him roll his eyes at me.

I fell asleep rather quickly but I felt a sense of comfort of warmth. I was so whipped for Lee Minho.