4

────
The strangeness that is you and me, will forever be just us
────

I made my way home but not before stopping by the store. I parked in the parking space and got out locking my car before entering the hardware store.

I looked through the many different car radios and looked at the different features before settling on one that wasn't too expensive.

I picked it up and went to the cashier to pay for it. He greeted me and I greeted him back before paying and making my way back to my car.

Once I settled back into my car my phone dinged. It was a message from Charlie. 'hey kiddo I'm gonna be late tonight. You can go get some food for yourself as I don't have any groceries done yet. I transferred some money to you.'

I sighed and started my engine backed out of the space before making my way to the grocery store. Might as well stock up on some groceries while I'm here anyways.

Once I arrived at the grocery store, I went inside and started looking for some easy to make food as I'm not the best cook.

While I was looking at stuff and putting shit in my cart I bumped into someone as I clearly wasn't looking.

"Oh my god I'm so sorry." I cursed my anxiety for making me sound so pathetic. The girl in front of me just smiled at me.

She was really pale like almost white like the actual white basic colour. She had short brown hair and golden brown eyes.

"Don't worry about it. I'm Alice by the way." She had a sweet inviting smile on her face.

"Jisung."

"I haven't seen you around here before, you wouldn't happen to be Minho's new classmate would you?" She asked sweetly.

"I uh am. How do you know Minho?"

"He's.... like a brother to me." She was a bit hesitant but replied regardless.

"I see, well he's kinda weird you know."

She tilted her head. "How do you mean?"

"Well we sat next to each other in biology and he acted like it was hell for him. He acted like I was some kind of disgusting disease that needed to be avoided at all costs." I huffed rolling my eyes.

She chuckled softly. "It wasn't that. He was just a little sick and disgusted by a smell from the biology class. He's... very sensitive to smells."

I didn't believe her one bit, it's a reasonable explanation but something doesn't add up. I decided to act like I believe her when I don't really. "Sure. Anyways I've gotta go now but it was nice meeting you Alice."

"Likewise Jisung, I hope to see you in the future." She smiled at me before disappearing. I blinked a couple of times. She's freakishly fast. Weird girl. I shook my head and continued shopping before going to the register to pay for my stuff.

I placed the bags in my car trunk before closing it and getting in the drivers seat.

Once I got home I took out the groceries and put them in the fridge or pantry. I started making some simple dish for me and Charlie and put his in the fridge. I wrote him a post it note and stuck it to the fridge before I ate my food.

After I placed my plate in the dishwasher I went to the garage to look for some materials to install my new radio.

After rummaging through the different boxes in the garage I finally found it and walked outside and started working on my car.

Once I was finished I had a smile on my face. I walked back inside and saw it was rather dark already. I went to the bathroom to take a quick shower before slumping in to my bed.

I was beyond exhausted and tomorrow was yet another excruciating day. I fell asleep rather quickly but I was yet again having the same dream.

Though somehow it was a bit different, it was more clear. He was closer to me as well still far away from me though.

"Yah mister Lee Minho disco ball. What is this?" He opened his mouth to reply yet I couldn't hear him at all. I let out a frustrated grunt and just sat down on the field.

I watched the sun poor out from behind the treeline. I enjoyed the calmness this space provided me even in this dream. If Minho is real the flower field must be too right?

Soon the blaring of my alarm startled me out of my dream. I shook away my sleepiness before getting up and taking a shower.

I made myself some breakfast not really in the mood for cereal this morning. Charlie had already left for work. Being the chief officer certainly meant something around here. For a small town this place has a lot of mysteries that the sheriff needs to take care of.

My classes went by swiftly and soon it was noon, lunch time. I didn't really feel hungry so I didn't really eat anything. I glanced at their table and he wasn't there.

I let out a sigh, he annoyed me yet intrigued me at the same time. I don't know why I feel so disappointed that he wasn't in bio either. Little did I know it was the first of many more absences from one Minho Lee.

I just love Alice 😍 so she's here and so is Jasper 🤭 am I keeping y'all on your toes with this plot?