17

────
The calm serenity that follows after euphoria before chaos tears it all apart
────

We stayed in that position for a while before we slowly made our way back to the flower field to enjoy some more peaceful moments together.

I snuggled close into his embrace. We were laying on the grass, my head on his chest. I took in his scent, the coldness of his body and the beauty of it. The little blemishes of imperfection visible up close, makes me realise he was human once too.

"Jisung." Minho called out my name and I looked up to him, his brown eyes stared into mine. They held nothing but deep affection. "Yes?"

"Tell me about your dreams, the ones of me." He asked as his eyes never left mine.

"What do you want to know about them?"

"Do they always feel this real?"

"Huh what do you mean?" I asked vexed at his question. I didn't comprehend what he was asking or well implying.

"It's time to wake up Jisung. You've been sleeping long enough."

"W-wha-"

He immediately pinned me to the ground hand on my throat, eyes flashing with something I couldn't describe but dread. It flooded my whole body, my eyes went wide and I broke out into a cold sweat.

"Wake up before she gets to you!" He squeezed my throat hard, depriving me of my much needed oxygen. I couldn't breathe, I started slowly panicking, my vision blurring. Tears stung my eyes as my body was receiving less and less oxygen, I could feel my body failing me.

Suddenly my vision started being distorted, Minho glitched and turned into my mom. My eyes grew wide in fear as she had a wicked smirk on her face. "Wake up Jisungie, I can easily kill you like this! I want my money. So wake the fuck up you useless little shit!" She spat as her hand squeezed around my neck harder.

I willed my body to have enough strength my fight or flight modus actived as I felt adrenaline rush through me. I tried to push her off of me. But it felt as if there was some invisible force holding me down.

She kept mumbling "wake up Jisungie."

Everything around me went absolutely dark, this was it for me. The end was me choking to death by my own mother. Well the woman who gave birth to me.

I was surrounded by darkness, not a single smitch of light. Is this what the afterlife is because it's pretty bleak not gonna lie.

I roamed around a bit but it was all the same. I was lost in a infinite loop of utter darkness. I fell to my knees, completely lost and empty. I was giving up and I felt sorrowful. I couldn't fight anymore. I closed my eyes waiting for when I finally stopped breathing.

"Baby, please wake up.."

Minho?

...

"Minho!" My eyes shot open and I was beyond dislocated. My eyes needed to adjust to the bright lights in the room. I was beyond confused as to why I was in the hospital?

"Jisung!" I felt myself be pulled into a hug, it was Minho. His skin was ice cold but that's not how I could tell. His voice neither as my ears were ringing quite a bit. It's because I called out to him and he's always been there to answer. It's because I could feel his heartbeat that I knew it was him. A very slow and barely detectable heartbeat but it was there nonetheless.

I hugged him closer as I felt tears fall down my face.

"Sh it's okay, you're okay now. I'm here." He whispered gently into my ear whilst stroking my head. Uncontrollable sobs left my mouth. He just pulled me closer, comforting me.

"W-what happened?" I asked the dreaded question.

"You don't remember?" He asked as he slightly pulled away just so he could look into my eyes. I shook my head before I burried it in his chest again.

He sighed before he removed my limbs from his just to sit down on the bed properly before pulling me into his embrace that way. We were comfortably snuggled close to each other laying on the bed.

"You went out the night before we were supposed to go somewhere. I felt like something was wrong so I made my way back to your house. It's where I saw you, you were laying there lifeless on the cold floor outside of your house. You had hand marks around your neck, you were bleeding everywhere. I quickly called Chan hyung and brought you to the hospital. It's been 2 weeks since then." He stated what he knew.

My eyes widened. "What the actual fuck?" I said because I didn't remember anything, not yet at least.

"Don't force yourself to remember. It will come in due time." Doctor Bang said as he had somehow entered the room unnoticeable.

"Holy shit doctor Bang that's just creepy. So everything was just a dream?" I questioned no one in particular.

"What's just a dream?"

I waved him off as I was lost in thought. I let my eyes wander and they went to the doctor. "Right lay it on me doctor."

Minho snickered a little at that.

"Nothing to serious as last time, you've got bruising on your neck most likely due to being choked, you were stabbed in the abdomen, but it didn't really hit any vital spot so all good. You lost a lot of blood due to a head trauma which resulted in a small blood clotting but we got that fixed already. You've been in a coma for about 2 weeks now. I will inform Charlie that you're awake. You can leave first thing in the morning with your prescribed medication."

"Well fuck me. Alright thank you doctor Bang." He gave me a small smile and nod of the head before leaving the room.

"I'm glad you're awake Ji." Minho whispered into the silence.

I looked at him and smiled.

Guess I can only have you in my dreams.

:)
Wow I'm so cruel aren't I?