10

────
You don't stop until you get what you want. It's not always a good trait but it's the one thing I'm proud of that I got from you.
────

I was sick on Friday so I didn't go to school. Me and the girls were still on for later tonight as I just had a headache.

I told them I took something for it and will sleep it off. Which I did. It was a stress headache. That woman keeps texting me.

I don't reply, I don't even read her messages. I blocked her, put her in spam. She just changed her number and tries again. So I just stopped bothering. It stressed me way too much and it worried Charlie.

I could tell him but what would that do? He would contact that lady and she would request for a meet and talk.

I don't want to talk to this woman. She traumatized me beyond compare. She couldn't change, she never did and never will.

Soon it was time to go out with them.

"Charlie I'm going out with Jessica and Angela. They will be here any minute."

"Okay, where you going?"

"Shopping, Jacksonville and we're also gonna eat there."

"Alright have fun kiddo."

"Thanks." Dad, I wanted to say that so bad but it just felt weird to me to admit that. He feels like a father to me.

I got interrupted with my thoughts when the doorbell rang. I walked towards the door grabbing my phone and wallet.

"Hi, how are you feeling?"

"Better then this morning."

"Alright, hi sheriff swan."

"Jessica." He gave a nod before we walked towards her car and got in.

Jessica and Angela talked while I just listened and watched the scenery outside.

We arrived in Jacksonville and they immediately went into a shop screeching about dresses and what not.

"I can't believe Mike asked me to prom. This is all too good to be true you know?" Jessica said picking up a dress and going to change into it.

Angela did the same. The process continued for a while.

"Oh I like this one, it makes my boobs pop. What do you think?"

She turned to me. "The colour really suits your skin tone and it does compliment your curves."

"Thank you! See I knew he would be so much better then Mike or Eric to ask for advice."

"I think you should go with that lilac one Angela, with those platform sandals."

"Ohhh, I like." She said after trying on the sandals.

"Hey you guys mind if I leave? I want to go to the bookstore. I'll meet up with you guys at the restaurant."

"Oh alright, don't be late Ji!"

I saluted before walking out of the shop and making my way towards the shop of my destination.

The bookstore was rather secluded and hidden. But once I managed to find it and entered it, it was like I was in heaven. The atmosphere was so relaxing and carefree.

I looked around the store for anything I might like. I found a book about mystical creatures that looked interesting. I then browsed the album section and I held my heart when I saw they had a twice album.

I quickly took it and I was in heaven. I went to the cashier and he smiled at me. He looked like a hippie. "I can feel you have a good energy. Take this talisman crystal of protection, it will protect you in unexpected ways." He rambled on as I just nodded and payed while thanking him.

Once I was outside it was rather dark already and I scolded myself because walking around in the dark doesn't always result in the best scenarios.

Grudgingly I walked down a dark alley but immediately stopped when I saw men walking past but then doubling back and walking my way.

I turned around and sped walked out of the alley and hopefully I walked to my safety. But of course that wasn't in the cards for me.

I ended up walking into a dead end. It was dark and when I turned around they were already standing in front of me smirking.

"Shit." I muttered under my breath.

"Well look what we have here. Give us your money and you won't get hurt."

"I don't carry around cash with me anymore." I said which I probably shouldn't have because I kinda insinuated they are dumb to ask me that. I'm so fucked.

"Then give us your credit card and tell us the pin of it or else."

"No!"

They smirked as one guy punched me in the face. My head whipped to the right, I looked at him and spit on his shoe.

This did not sit well with the guy as he pulled out a knife getting ready to stab me.

I closed my eyes bracing for the pain but I heard a car zoom past and felt the bright headlights on me.

I opened my eyes and I got kicked in the leg making me fall down on my back, hitting my head on the floor. The car came closer making the guys scamper before they could take anything.

"Jisung!" It was Minho. He was crouched besides me. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I shouldn't have pissed them off." I chuckled as he helped me up. I took my bag with my book and album and he carried me to his car, strapping me in.

"I'm taking you home."

"Wait no, I promised Jessica and Angela I'd meet them at the restaurant, take me there please." He nodded before driving towards the restaurant.

As he parked the car they had just walked out of the restaurant.

I got out of the car Minho following me. "Jessica, Angela. I'm so sorry."

"Ji, where were you? We called and left you messages. We already ate sorry."

"Jisung was with me and we lost track of time. I hope you won't hold it against him."

"Oh of course we won't. Are you coming with us Ji?" Angela asked me her face smug.

"Um no, I think I should go get some food with Minho as I'm hungry." I said and smiled at him.

He nodded. "Okay have fun on your date ~" Jessica teased before they left.

"It's not a date."

"It so is a date."