27

────
I'd let the wolves gnaw at my bones for you.
────

Minho's car arrived at the resort and immediately that caused alarm. He got out of the car and immediately he heard growling.

"You're trespassing!"

"I need your help."

"What makes you think we'd help a blood sucker such as yourself?"

"It's about Jisung. I know he's friends with one of your pack. I need his help in finding Jisung. He's in danger." He explained.

"In danger from you!"

"No! I'd never hurt him, I love him. But his mother will, Felix already saw it happening. Which means it's bound to happen."

"Jisung's mother found him?" A black haired man walked out of the house pulling on a shirt.

"Yes."

"I'll help you." He stated.

"What why?!" The wolf growled.

"Jisung is my friend and I know some things about his mother. He's not safe there. And unlike you, I have no grudge with the vampires. We'll not the ones under Bang. They've never heard anyone here. Besides I've seen Minho over here safe Jisung plenty of times. He'd never hurt him and Jisung loves him."

"You're crazy Tae! Fine go and save your friend. But you vampire, stay clear from our territory. If we catch you again, we will break the treaty and slaughter you and your family!"

"I understand, thank you!" Minho bowed slightly before getting back into the car and the boy followed him. He backed the car and drove away from the resort.

"How'd you know I was friends with Jisung?"

"Your smell is all over him. And I know you used to be in the same orphanage and foster home."

The man's eyes widened. "How?"

"Your thoughts are very loud. I know you haven't told Jisung yet or even met him again. But I've always felt you watching over him. That's why your scent lingered on him."

"And you decided to stay quiet? Why?"

"Because it's none of my business. You will talk to him when you're ready. Besides I know your thoughts on my family. I can trust you, you're no threat to us."

"Thanks man. So where are we going?"

"Back to his place. We need something fresh of his so you can track his scent."

The man nodded and focused on the road.

"I'm Taeyeon by the way."

"I know, I'm Minho."

They arrived at his place and Minho jumped up to the window again and Taeyeon followed behind only not as graceful as Minho.

"Look around and take a whiff."

Taeyeon gave him a look but complied nonetheless. He looked around and sniffed around. "I've got his scent but it's barely here. We need to hurry up." He said and they both went back outside.

"It's stronger here." Taeyeon looked around before pointing towards somewhere. "They went that way."

They got back in the car. Minho started the drive and Taeyeon opened the window so he could still keep track of the scent.

After driving for almost 2 hours they ended up in Victoria Canada. After searching there for hours they couldn't find anything.

Taeyeon needed rest as he was still only mortal and so they ended up booking a hotel room and Taeyeon immediately crashed.

Minho's phone buzzed, he looked at it and it was Chan calling him.

He sighed before picking up the call.

"Minho! Where are you?"

"Victoria."

"You're in Canada? Have you found Jisung yet?"

"No, but his scent led here and it's the freshest. So he should still be around here somewhere. My source is resting for now, but we'll continue the search later."

He could hear Chan sigh.

"Minho, I have tell you something."

"Can't it wait Chan?"

"No it's important and it might help you find Jisung."

"You should've started with that Chan!"

"Shut up and listen to me! There's this old very old legend among vampire kind. It says that a long time ago, the first vampire fell in love with a human. He was on a killing spree and for some reason he couldn't explain, he couldn't kill the human."

"Instead he felt this pull towards them. He didn't know why he went to that specific village but he knew as soon as he saw that human, they were the reason. The human said they'd be having these weird dreams. And that the vampire was in their dreams."

"The human could see things that were yet to come to pass. They were connected by fate. And when something was wrong, the vampire had this off feeling. He just knew. His hunches were always right. Other vampires took advantage of his weakness. They kidnapped the human, but Minho the vampire was able to find his human. It was like their souls were connected. He found them because of their connection."

"..."

"I think you and Jisung are soulmates, just like the first vampire and his lover. So if I'm right you can find Jisung, Minho. You can find him if you focus on your connection with him."

"How do I do that?"

"Just think of your love for him, think of your memories together. The feeling of you two being connected. Just think of everything that connects you two together."

Minho nodded though Chan could not see. Minho closed his eyes and focused.

...

"Ugh it's not working Chan!"

"Don't rush it Minho! Stay calm and try again but really focus. I have to go now, keep me updated."

"I will thanks Chan."

"No problem. I hope you find him soon."

"Me too."