26

────
Even if the world burned I'd still search every corner of the world for you
────

"What? What do you mean he's gone?" Charlie asked confused.

"I-, something felt wrong when I left him earlier. He kept insisting I'd go home and that you'd be home soon. So I did but I couldn't sleep, it felt wrong. I got worried and I came here. I came in through the window. I tried calling him but he didn't pick up."

"I- I looked everywhere and I couldn't find him. I looked around his room and found his notebook, he said his goodbyes and it's all my fault." Minho started crying hysterically.

"Calm down Minho, what do you mean it's your fault?"

"He left to protect me, it's the conclusion of the note he left." He looked away ashamed for not being able to protect his loved one, for being the cause of him leaving.

Charlie was confused and grabbed the book to read the note. Minho just sat there crying his eyes out.

After Charlie was finished he pulled Minho into a hug. "It's not your fault, I'll immediately start a search for him."

Minho nodded still crying and clinging to Charlie for support. "Minho I need you to work with me here. Do you know of anyone who'd wanna harm you or Jisung?"

He shook his head. Before remembering something. "His- his mother." He hiccuped. "Take your time, it's alright." Charlie tried soothing the boy, but he had no clue what to do. He was never good with this stuff.

"His birth mother. She had reached out a few weeks ago. But we delt with it. But Ji, he was still anxious about the whole thing. She'd demanded money and he refused her. She hadn't contacted him again since then. But I think she did today, we were out and he got a message and all the colour drained from his face."

"He looked so scared and I asked him about it. He didn't want to tell me. I should've pressed more, insisted more. It's my fault he's gone." He cried more.

"No Minho it's not. Jisung doesn't like to share. You know this, he likes keeping things to himself and solving things on his own. It's how he survived all this time." Charlie stated.

"Now go home Minho, I'll let you know if find anything okay?"

Minho nodded shakily before making his way to exit the house. "Drive carefully." Charlie said before disappearing in the house and changing into his attire before going to the station.

"Minho!" Felix yelled as Minho arrived back home. "What is it lix? I have to find Jisung."

"It's about Jisung, I know he disappeared."

Minho looked up at him. "Tell me what you saw!"

"It's not pretty hyung." Felix trailed off.

"I don't care tell me, god please tell me lixie." Minho cried some more and Felix reluctantly gave in.

"He ran away from home after writing in his journal. It was around midnight. There was someone waiting for him outside. He struggled against their grip. But he was thrown into a car. He was thrown into a wall and his back hit a nail. It scratched his skin. He had a stash of money and threw it at the woman's feet. They were talking about something but I don't know what. She ordered the men to beat him up and they did. He's badly bruised, he was tortured Minho. It was so vile to watch it happen."

"He escaped and ran away but I don't know where. I'm sorry Minho, I should've seen this coming sooner! That way this could've been prevented."

"It hasn't happened yet. Not everything at least. Thank you Lix. I know who can help me track down Jisung."

"You're not thinking about them are you?"

"It's my only choice."

"No hyung! We may have a treaty with them but they'll kill you for sure!"

"He won't, he's friends with Jisung." Minho stated before walking out of the house again and going to the one place he dreaded to go to. But he'd do anything for Jisung.