34

────
Fate has a funny way of working
────

I sat in the car with Minho as he drove us towards the designated place. I just looked out of the window vibing to shadow by Livingston (it drops 8th of March y'all I'm not ready?!?)

Minho smiled as he focused on the road, his hand on my thigh. Soon we ended up at a clearing where he parked his car.

"It's a short walk to the place." He stated before getting out and coming to my door opening it for me. "Cute." I said and he winked at me before taking my hand is his.

We walked through the woods and soon ended up at a grass field. Everyone was already there waiting for us.

"So glad you're here Ji! We need a honest ref." Jeongin stated and changbin rolled his eyes. "You're saying it like we cheat?"

"You do cheat, now there will be no question with Jisung here." Chan intervened.

I chuckled at their bickering.

"Shut up bitches it's time to play!" Felix shouted as a thunderstorm was starting. I squatted down behind Minho who was batting now.

Felix was the pitcher and he struck a pose throwing his leg up before throwing the ball with immense spread. Minho immediately hit it causing a loud bang to echo.

"Okay I get now why you need the thunderstorm." I chuckled as I continued to watch the game progress.

Chan batted and changbin and Minho ran after it before jumping into each other. It was quite something to see.

Next up was Seungmin, he missed. "You're out." He muttered something and I gave him a tight lipped smile as he kinda glared at me.

They kept playing like this, loud echos thundering across the field along with the thunderstorm. Luckily it wasn't raining.

Suddenly Felix paused and Minho was immediately by my side. I didn't understand what was going on.

"They were leaving, but they heard us play." He stated.

"We have to go now!"

"Minho, it's already too late."

"Put on the cap, everyone will protect Jisung." Chan stated as Minho put on his hoodie on me and put on the cap before pulling up my hood.

I was confused but decided to stay close to Minho, but not too close. Something dangerous was coming and I couldn't look important.

Suddenly 3 other vampires came on the field.

"Looking for this?" A guy asked and threw the ball back to Chan who caught it.

"You're the ones feeding on our territory."

"Forgive us, we didn't know this was already claimed." He stated and Chan nodded.

"We led them astray so you should be safe for now."

"It's appreciated." Chan stated.

"Say you wouldn't need 3 extra players now do you? We'd love a game before leaving."

"Sure, 3 of ours were just leaving." Chan said and I could feel the tension.

"C'mon Ji let's go." Minho whispered to me and I nodded. Suddenly a strong gush of wind came and blew my hood down.

And before I knew it I was on the floor with a burning pain in my arm. My whole body was convulsion and shaking in pain.

Everything was blurry. I couldn't make sense of things anymore. "Jisung, stay with me please!"

I could hear Minho saying something else but I couldn't make out the words. I couldn't make out anything anymore besides the pain and burning I felt.