36

────
Soulmates in every life
────

Take me to church by Hozier is the perfect fit for this chapter!!

"Min! Stop it you're going to get us caught by the high priestess. She'll have our heads or worse she'll have us burned on the stake!"

"What's so wrong with love Jisung? We haven't committed any crime but falling in love."

"Two boys can't be together Minho." A sadness echoed in his voice.

"We can make them change their minds. They can't deny real love now can they?"

"We are responsible for creating heirs to strengthen the village Minho! We need to have a woman and get kids to continue our legacy. Men can't do that with each other."

"Then we'll keep it a secret. We'll do as is expected of us. Or we could always run away, just you and me. No rules we could be together without judgement or it being wrong."

"Minho.. I can't live without you, I can't marry someone else and pretend to be in love with them. Let's run away." He cried and so did Minho.

"I love you Jisung."

They caressed their cheeks

"I love you Minho."

They inched closer and kissed.

"What's the meaning of this!?" The door bursted open and their the high priestess stood with a disgusted face.

"High priestess!"

"Lock them up, this is against nature."

"It's not against nature to love!" Minho shouted.

"Not when it's not natural." She glanced at Jisung. "I expected much more from you Jisung. Now you will watch your lover burn at the stake! Only then will you face your punishment."

"W-what?! No you can't do this!"

Jisung cried.

"It's already been done."

Minho was tied to the wooden pole, on a pile of wood. "Ji, I love you. Our love won't die after I'm gone. Our souls are connected. I can feel it whenever I look at you." He smiled as they lit the stake.

"Noooo!" Jisung screamed and cried as he watched the love of his life burn to ashes. He winced at the painful screams let out by his lover.

Jisung's eyes darkened as they tied him to the other stake. However before they could fully tie him down, he escaped and took their knife. He sliced the man's throat and then his own wrist.

"What are you doing?!" The high priestess shouted.

Jisung chuckled. "Cursing you all." He laughed like a crazy person before mumbling his next words.

"Give me the power and strength to kill those who stood against our love. Make me live until I can see him again, let me live for eternity with him by my side. Make me powerful."

"You fool! You'll have to pay with blood for what you're trying to do!"

"If blood is the price to pay I shall gladly pay it!" He sliced his own throat, gagging on his blood before dying.

Everything turned dark before light creeped back in. He was being buried. He immediately awake very hungry.

He got out of the grave with speed beyond compare. The sun shone down on his now pale skin and his skin lit up like diamonds.

The villager screamed in fear. Han cocked his head before a creepy smile played on his lips. "Who are you?" He asked.

"W-what? Han you don't remember me?" The villager asked him.

"Han? Is that my name?"

"Han jisung yes."

"I like Han." He chuckled.

The man was trembling and his fingers were fidgeting with his belt buckle in fear. He didn't realise it was so sharp until he cut himself on it.

Han smelt it and immediately rushed over to the man. "You smell sooo good." He giggled with a devious look. "Do you mind if I have a taste?"

The man was confused and before he could even answer his finger was lifted up to Han's mouth and he sucked on his finger. Sucking the blood.

"You're very kind, for this reason I'll spare your life." He smiled before speeding away. The man left astounded.

Han went back to the village and started killing everyone his thirst for blood unquenched.

He reached the last house and there was the high priestess. "I told you, you'd pay with blood. Now look at the horrible thing you've become. A creature that feeds on blood, a thirst forever unquenched."

"Ah so you must've known me before I died then? I don't know who you are lady. But you already know you're going to die."

"All because of this boy! You've ruined your whole life because of some man you fell in love with! It's unnatural!" She screeched.

"What's unnatural is me lady. I can't comprehend love but why'd you stand in the way of love? Whoever I was before this, I was surely important to you huh." He chuckled with a smirk.

"I wanted what was best for my son. Now I see I've made it worse. I'm responsible for what I've set out on the world. Please forgive me." She said before Han finally had enough and killed her.

This spree continued on until he arrived at a certain village, where he met a boy. A boy he couldn't kill.

"I can't kill you? I don't know why but my heart aches at even the thought of it. Which is funny because I don't have a heart nor a soul."

"Everyone has a soul, it's how you love. I can't explain it either but I feel as if my soul is connected to you. I'm in pain seeing you like this."

"Ah I see."

The boy bend his head confused. "You must be the boy I loved back when I was a human. This woman who I killed told me so. I had turned into this for the boy I loved."

"How's that possible?"

"You must've been born anew just like I was, but only human."

"Huh?"

"Minho, I really want to kiss you."

Said male blushed. "I really want to kiss you too." He mumbled shyly before they closed the space between them and kissed.

However their happiness didn't last long. Jisung had disappeared and Minho had found him again, captured by some hunters.

Minho died and Jisung let himself be killed to be together with him in the afterlife.

A gasp and red eyes staring at him.