6

────
You ever wonder just how entangled your life is with someone else's? Because it always is.
────

You know how in movies people freeze over in fear? Remember how you'd always make fun of it and say you won't be like that. Well I can confirm in this particular moment you will.

I was standing by my car listening to music and reading some last minute stuff for this test I had first period. Suddenly screeching tire sounds are heard. I look up and this van is crashing towards me without stopping.

I froze over in fear my legs not being able to move. I close my eyes and brace for impact but it never comes. Instead I feel my head bump into my car and a hand around my waist. I look up and see Minho crouched in front of me as the van hits his back.

He doesn't flinch and the car bolts back a bit but it's stopped. "Jisung!" My friends call out to me even Tyler who's in the car confused, shocked and scared. Man is traumatized.

"Someone call an ambulance!"

I looked up at Minho who helps me up. I try to pick apart the pieces and connect them.

"Y-you. H-how did you do that?" I asked confused.

"Do what Jisung?" Minho asked me looking at me with concern.

"Stop that car, get here. You were on the other side of the parking lot."

"You hit your head Jisung. The ambulance will be here shortly."

I touched my head and felt it bleeding a bit. The thick liquid stuck to my fingers as I winced. I saw Minho taak in a deep breath.

He was uncomfortable.

He got a little distance from me and soon the ambulance came. Minho somehow charmed his way into it. Tyler was being escorted by another ambulance.

The paramedics kept me stable until we arrived at the hospital. I was kept in a seperate room waiting for the doctor.

Tyler was next to me and he kept apologising to me over and over again. I just zoned him out.

"You must be Han Jisung? I'm doctor Bang."

"Hi."

"Now let's see what we've got here. You broke your wrist but nothing major should be healed in a couple of weeks. You got stitches in your head from the cut you had received from hitting the handle of your car. You are perfectly fine to be discharged."

"Thanks doc. So tell me why does he get a free pass from school?" I asked pointing at Minho. "He came with you to make sure you're okay."

"Mhm so what I'm hearing is he's the favourite child and gets special treatment from you."

Minho just shrugs and holds his hands up in surrender. Doctor Bang just chuckles. "Favouritism." I tched.

Soon Charlie came through the doors. "Oh thank god you're okay!" He said.

"Charlie relax I'm fine."

"Jisung I'm so sorry, my brakes didn't work and I slipped."

"It's fine Tyler don't worry about it."

"No it's not fine Jisung. You and I are gonna have a talk, you can say goodbye to your licence young man."

I just rolled my eyes as I watched doctor Bang and Minho leave the room. I got out of bed and walked outside. I needed to talk to Minho.

"What other choice did I have? He could've died."

"Minho you almost exposed us."

"It's not the right time to talk about this in case of eavesdroppers." Doctor Bang spoke looking directly at me. Shit.

"Uh can I talk to you for a sec Minho?"

Minho walked over to me. "What do you want?"

"I want to know what happened. You were on the other side of the parking lot. There's no way you could've reached me that fast. I know what I saw Minho."

He sighed. "Yeah we'll no one's gonna believe you anyways."

"I wasn't going to tell anyone. I just want answers you owe me that much."

"How about a thank you for saving you instead of all these questions."

"Thank you." His eyes pierced into mine.

"Whatever it is I will find it out Minho. Because from being a disco ball in my dreams to this incident. There's something going on with you and I will get answers." I stated before he scoffed.

"Can't you just forget it and move on? I saved your life that's all that matters."

"See you at school Minho." I stated before turning around and leaving. I met up with Charlie at the reception as he signed the papers for my discharge.

He sighed and looked at my hand that's in a cast. "It's fine Charlie. It doesn't hurt if I don't move it." I shrugged.

We sat down together and ate dinner. "I'm gonna drop you off at school tomorrow and have someone tow your car back to here. No way am I letting you drive with your hand like that."

"Charlie I'll be fine! I know how to drive with one hand besides the car is automatic so I don't have to shift gears so it's easy."

Charlie sighed. "Fine but drive slowly."

"Yes sir!" I saluted and he smiled at that.

We continued laughing and talking all throughout dinner. I really enjoyed my time with Charlie. He's becoming a father figure to me. I really wish I don't fuck it up.

"So any particular girl you have your eye on? Or guy perhaps?" Charlie asks me and I'm very red.

"Uh.. there's someone.. a guy.." I admitted very silently.

"Do I know the guy?" This was clearly new territory for him but he was far from homophobic he was just awkward around it.

"I'm not saying anything. Besides it's a complicated situation and like I don't think anything is gonna come from it to be honest."