The further in toward the center of the dungeon I travel, the higher level the monsters become.

Once I kill my 5th one, I'm almost halfway through the region toward the center of the dungeon, and a familiar ringing sound can be heard in my head.

[Level Up]

I reach level 648 after defeating a level 655 Wyvern.

Upon closely examining my enemy detection skill with its level inspection perk, I conclude my theory is true.

It seems the closer I get to the center of the dungeon, the higher the level of spawned in monsters become. This means if I stay at this distance away from the boss room, I can farm mobs directly above my level and cash in on the maximum MCP and PP gains.

Over the next half-hour, I use air-steps and dungeon walker to move back and forth throughout this portion of the earth region using my inspect skill to only pick the right opponents, clearing out every Wyvern within 5 levels above me as I raise my own.

I sporadically check my Dungeon Walker skill to see Bri farming on the floor below me, but she hasn't yet hit her maximum level for that floor. I can tell she's still determined to keep going, so I decide to give her some extra time while I have some fun farming up here on the 30th floor myself.

While doing so, I close the distance between myself and the blue lake region nearby too, there are some interesting readings coming from within I'd like to check out. One of which being a new skill I don't have yet.

[Level Up]

[Level Up]

[Level Up]

[Level Up]

[+1PP]

[Level Up]

[Level Up]

[Level Up]

[+1PP]

[Level Up]

[Level Up]

[Level Up]

[Level Up]

[Level Up]

[+490 Agility]

[+39,340,050 MCP]

I hit level 660 fairly quickly, by only absorbing PP and MCP, the leveling process moves up very fast. One of the kills even triggered the absorption perk that allows me to take a portion of my opponent's stat points.

I would be sticking around to collect loot too, but they mostly only drop mana crystals. I've killed dozens, but nothing interesting drops until this most recent kill.

As I'm airstepping away toward the lake and the Wyvern's corpse falls to the floor, an unusual pulse of energy comes from it.

I stop my search for other Wyverns and circle back to see what it has dropped.

Resting on the rocky floor is a tan-colored stone with thousands of MP pouring out of it in the form of liquid mana-imbued rock that forms into small boulders. The floor beneath it is growing at a fairly quick rate, and I can tell the energy from within is being expelled.

The grin filled with amusement covers my face as I make my descent downward to collect the item drop.

"An earth stone, huh? Looks like I have another rare resource-packed dungeon to farm."

I open up my item storage and let the stone fall inside. In doing so, the ground growing with rock and rubble ceases to move. A mound of fresh earth is left in its place as I continue my hunt.