How beautiful it is be alive.

23/05/2024
Thursday

I wasn't hurt but I was extremely frustrated.

"How can you not be interested in tuition?"

"I am fine on my own, Mom."

"You are going to tuition and that's my last decision."

"I am telling you. I am good on my own." She smokes. She makes it seem like she is always so stressed about me. I hate it. She is not stressed. She is an addict who does not need to pretend. "I am telling you, Tani. If you don't score a centum in all the subjects this year. I will stop your further education."

Lie!

What a bliss would it be to have that possible? I had studied so much that I hated being a student. Once I graduate college, I will be happy with a nine to five job and thirty thousand salary. The only thing that I don't want is being here with her. I hate how I can't run away. I have always wished to run away; run away from everything that includes my mother. "I am joining work from tomorrow. Don't expect me for breakfast. I have an early morning flight." She went to her room. I sighed.

I looked at my phone as it buzzed with messages. It was our group chat on whatsapp including Tanisha, Moosa, Omar, Latif and Izma. Tanisha added me in. I am sure Moosa was really irritated by it.

Latif: Omar says he will finally give us the treat for his success party.

Moosa: What success? He just passed the computer application test. That too a class test!!!

Omar: Excuse me? That's offensive.

This shithead. Moosa can never be nice. Whatever needs to pass the time. It's better than staying indoors here. I'd rather die in the streets. Mom would never agree.

Latif: Whatever! Where shall we meet?"

Tanisha: Is food your life, Latif?

Latif: Yes, so what?

Izma: Kha kha ke mar jayega. [You will die by eating too much]

Latif: Mere ko pasand hai kha ke marna. [I love dying and eating]

Moosa: Are we meeting or not?

Tanisha: It's nearly six!

Omar: So? Are you scared?