✥ ════ ❃•❃ ════ ✥
𝓕𝓸𝓾𝓷𝓭 𝓪 𝓱𝓸𝓶𝓮 𝓲𝓷 𝔂𝓸𝓾

✥ ════ ❃•❃ ════ ✥𝓕𝓸𝓾𝓷𝓭 𝓪 𝓱𝓸𝓶𝓮 𝓲𝓷 𝔂𝓸𝓾

L a i b a

The hot sip of ginger tea when cold is getting the fire inside you hits different.

"The red suit is pretty, Mom."

Mom was pampering me for the evening. It was another feast that we were attending but I kind of find my family odd for being so prepared. The least I expected was Dad calling us to settle in the car quickly and the next thing she said blew me off my mountain as I glared at her shocked,

"You should wear a saree tonight."

"Mom?" I called out but she was deeply ruffling the sarees kept in front of her. My closet had a lot of them but the first and last time I wore one was on the Saree day of my college. What's with Mom?

"I'll go in the red suit, Mom but please don't give me a saree."

"Why? Saree looks surreal on you," she was standing near the saree section of my closet which scared me. Too much to my fear; I did not want to drape a saree at least not when I am going to a feast after ages. "It's high time you should start wearing them."

"But why Mom? I don't want to look odd when Kashaf will wear Asim Jofa's latest Eid collection. She and I decided that we will wear Asim Jofa."

"I talked with Hafsa. She was also talking about making Kashaf wear a Saree," She said taking out a maroon one that was the cloth of georgette, perhaps as far as my recognition. This was a Koskii brand. "Let's go with red as you want to but it will be saree only, Laiba."

"Mom..." I groaned keeping the mug of tea away. Rolling my eyes in utter irritation, I scoffed looking at the piece of cloth that lay ethereal in front of my eyes. "Doesn't it looks auspicious and splendid to you?"

"No!"

"Laiba!"

"Mom..." I whined I didn't want to spoil my mood yet here I was being forced to spoil it. I sneezed again for the third time and sipped the ardent tea. "You will wear this saree; end of the conversation." I touched the fabric. The thick red looked appealing yet I knew this will make me feel uncomfortable.

The evening flew like seconds. I declined to get ready by the stylists. Wearing the saree my own, the blouse was a boat neck one and the sleeves fully covered my arms. Completing my look with a matte nude lipstick, I drew a sharp basic line of the eyeliner. I gazed back and forth at my reflection. I looked fine, a little more than fine but I was satisfied.

Wrapping the hijab around my head, went well with the saree. I went towards my Mom who sat in the hall talking with Hafsa aunty, Kashaf's mother. I guess they were closer than us.

"You look gorgeous in a saree unlike me," Kashaf's greeting was quite unexpected. "Assalamu alaikum to you to Kashaf!"

"Walaikum assalam!" She replied. "It's you who looks stunning, Kashaf. Not me, I mean just look at this material wrapped up."