❀ ════ ❃•❃ ════ ❀

𝓐𝓷𝓭 𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓷 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓶𝓪𝓭𝓮 𝓼𝓮𝓷𝓼𝓮 𝓲𝓷 𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓻𝔂 𝔀𝓪𝔂.

M E H R I S H

I squished the lemon harder in the empty glass. Making my lemonade and drinking it in the morning is the best refreshing thing ever.

"Mehrish?"

I heard my mother calling me. Turning around, I wiggled my eyebrows. She stood glaring at me.

"What?" I asked while pouring down the water in the glass.

"You are running out of time. You need to get ready soon Mehrish. Don't you want to go to work? Also, you need to come early this evening."

"Yes, I will go. I was just making my lemonade." I said sipping the delicious drink I made a few minutes ago and sat down in the chair near the dining table.

I got ready for my work. I was kind of feeling sad today but the remembrance of him made me blush. It's been year's since I started loving him secretly. No one knows that I like him but he has been always my first love. I wonder even if he has spared me a glance.

Hamza. His name seems so heavenly to me. His every gesture towards his sisters makes my heart flutter. He is my cousin sister-in-law's brother.

I left to work with his thoughts interrupting me all the time making me restless and smile unknowingly.

"Ms Mirza?"

Jerking the pile of files in my hands. I looked at my boss shocked.

"Where are you lost, Ms Mirza?"

"I am sorry sir. I was just zoning out."

I reasoned and took the files to check them properly. I am an electronic and communication engineer. Focusing on my laptop, I begin my work. Coding? It may seem hard but for me, they are my most favourite thing to do.

As time passed, lunchtime arrived making me more hungry. Amal, my colleague and best friend from my childhood. We went towards the cafeteria.

"You know I met your love today," Amal surmised making me choke as I was drinking water.

"Drink slowly Mehrish!" She warned. I glared at her, making sure I made her scared.