It's okay if it's hard
Love ain't easy.

It's okay if it's hardLove ain't easy

05/05/2024
Sunday

Taniah

This isn't a good journal. If you value your sanity or whatever. Put this down.

My life has always been chaotic. It had never been a relaxing or mesmerizing performance. It has always been something that gets one shifted in their place because it's irritating, frustrating and paralyzing. Because that's how I feel at the moment. Irritated, frustrated and paralyzed. Like today, I am getting an admission in a high school in Delhi when I just finished my 11th boards in Chennai's high school fifteen days ago. It's an unexpected ride. One day, I'd be here and the other I'd be in Goa.

I stare outside my window. I see a huge building. It is a huge royal themed campus. I am getting an admission in this school. I don't really have a comfort person. So here, I am pening things up so that I don't have to have a person to express things. Dad kept telling me to always have a diary to write everyday. He would keep telling me that it helps a person to relieve the everyday stress instead of taking that burden each and every passing moment. I wish he knew that I was writing. He would have loved to know.

Anyways, I walk out of my door; examining the school. The school didn't seem just like any other normal school would. It was glorious and huge. The gold plated name on the top of one of the buildings in the center, it titled, "The Shah Matriculation Higher, Secondary, Primary & Nursery School."

We enter inside the campus. I really didn't have the interest to look for any other place here. It's Sunday today, so there were not really any students here. The entire campus is empty. We walked in towards the entrance, towards the office where my admission was to take place. "Welcome, Mrs. Dariah Rehmaan!" We heard. Mom turned towards the source. It's the principal. I know her. She is Mrs. Kashmala Khan. One of my mother's classmates. "Stop being so formal, Kashkash!" It's awkward to listen honestly. It sounds weird coming from my mother being so informal. My mother has been perfect and formal all the time. Even with me. The only best thing that happened to me was my father.

"I am not. What are you doing here? You should have come directly to my office."

"Procedures are procedures right?"

"It's completely fine with you. I have always believed that rules are meant to be broken."

"Some rules are just rules, Kashmi." Hearing those sweet nicknames from my mother cringes me. She had never called me or Dad that way. "Anyways, here! Meet my daughter. Taniah Rehmaan."