Chapter 129 - Beautiful Memories (Seven)

Bryan brought Hailey to a seafood restaurant somewhere on the east coast, down south from Sydney.

The girls were too excited to get out of the car, but Bryan stopped her. "Wait. Let me open the door."

Bryan gets out of the car and opens the passenger seat. Hailey blushed and thanked him with a sweet smile on her lips.

"Thanks, Bryan!"

After saying it, Hailey wandered her eyes to the whole place. She loves it! Her dad rarely brought her to these places, but they had exclusive dine-in to an expensive restaurant or hotels.

But the place Bryan brought her is not bad. It looks delightful! There are so many cars to park outside, and the restaurant looks full of customers.

Bryan led her to the bridge, and they crossed it. She could smell the ocean, and she likes to breathe the sea breeze.

The restaurant has three floors, and Bryan brought her to the third floor. They were taking the wooden stairs when Bryan asked her a question.

"You like the place?"

"Hum! It was beautiful! How did you find this place?"

"Dad used to bring us here." He replied.

"Oh. I see." Sadness flashes her eyes upon remembering Bryan's father, who died in a plane crash.

Bryan saw that her mood changes. He reached for her hand and said, "Don't be sad. We are here to celebrate my birthday, not reminiscing memories of the past."

"Okay. Oh! So that's it! You wanted to celebrate your birthday here!" said Hailey, who didn't notice that she and Bryan were holding hands while taking the stairs.

Hailey seemed not to mind it; Bryan didn't let go of her hand.

"Yes, I want to celebrate my birthday with the people that are close to my heart."

They already arrived on the third floor. A woman called out to them and waved her hand to get their attention.

"Bryan, this way!" The middle-aged woman sat up from her chair and opened her arms to give Hailey a tight hug.

"Aunt Tina!"

"Hello, dear! I'm so happy that you could join us!" The older woman was happy to see this girl. Since Bryan is studying in the US, Hailey rarely visits their villa.

"I'm happy too, aunt Tina! I didn't know you are here as well."

"Well, I thought I couldn't celebrate my son's birthday as he plans to leave soon. I'm happy that Bryan reschedules his flight."

"It was really great, Aunt Tina! The boys will throw a barbecue party for Bryan, so we will go back after we had dinner."

"No problem!" She has no complaints as long as who Bryan spends with is Hailey. "Now, let us take a seat. I already ordered something. They will serve the food soon."

Bryan pulls a chair for Hailey; Tina was delighted to see this. She winks at his son, who he rolled his eyes at to show his mom a teaser.

Very soon, their food was served. Tina asks a series of questions to Hailey while they were eating.

Bryan is giving his mother a meaningful stare which she only ignored him. His mom is now asking crazy questions.

"Do you have a boyfriend?" asked Tina, who could see at the corner of her eyes how her son widened his eyes.

"I don't have a boyfriend, Aunt Tina. I'm still a minor." She replied with honesty.

"Is your dad who prohibited you this?" That man! Is he too strict with his daughter?