Chapter 30:Insulting the Shen's

At the resort lobby, Vince and Hailey exited the building. She glanced at Vince's hand gripping hers. It was tight, but she didn't complain. Rather than hurting, delight filled her heart, holding Vince's warm hand.

But still a wonder to her... Every time Vince has to fight someone on behalf of her, he never uses his hands. It intrigues her that sometimes she wanted to ask Vince.

"Get in the car."

Pulling up the Lamborghini door, Vince told Hailey. She immediately slid down at the passenger seat and sat quietly.

Hailey keenly observes Vince's every action. He had big steps walking around the car and sat in the driver's seat. The silence inside is deafening her. Vince hasn't said a word yet since he starts the car. He steers the wheel with no emotion on his face until they exit the resort's main gate and now take the lonely road.

Vince's car speeds up. After like fifteen minutes, they had to stop and bumped into a traffic jam. Hailey was driving speed cars for years. Compared to Vince's speed, it was nothing to what she was used to.

However, Vince only concealed his anger. It didn't hide to her how tightly he was gripping on the steering wheel. It concerned her he only remained silent now they were alone.

For Hailey, she does not need Vince every time someone insulted her. But when she saw the anger in his eyes and the act of taking revenge on her behalf, she could not help feeling being please.

Again, Vince made her feel protected. And once again, Vince made her heart flutter and skip a beat.

Hailey keeps glancing in his direction. She wanted to say something, attempting to open her mouth, but no words form on her tongue as she could still sense his rage.

How can she make him calm down?

*

When their lunch break was over, Mrs. Gomez brought them to the Cellar in this resort to have a wine tasting.

After then, the junior students performed on how to make a cocktail with tricks. Mrs. Gomez encourages the first year to try it.

Both sophomores and junior college students teach first-year students. However, the male first year's making fun of while mimicking the tricks.

Hailey sat down on a chair. She already mastered making cocktails years ago, so then she only watched everyone attempt learning how to make cocktails.

However, one reckless student. He accidentally poured the wine on her head. The guy was behind her, trying to do his trick. But the other students are teasing him so that he made a mistake. And that happens.

Mrs. Gomez scolded the first-year students, and she apologized to Hailey on behalf of the students. But Hailey believes it's not needed.

"It's okay, Mrs. Gomez. Accidents happen," she said, then excuse herself to get a hand towel.

"Oh my gosh, Hailey! You were soaking with wine! You need to change clothes and wash your hair."

"Yeah. I guess I have to go to the main building to wash." She told Hazel, who freaked out seeing her drenched with red liquid.

"Oh, right! Vince has a suite in this resort, not mentioning his family is an Investor."

"Yeah," Nodding at Hazel, Hailey declared, "I have a few clothes left in there. I'll go change."

"Great! I will tell Mrs. Gomez to wait for you. We still have more time before heading back to the city."

"Thanks!" After thanking Hazel. She drove one of the golf carts that parked outside the Cellar. The main building is a few minutes away; she has to get it done quickly.