Chapter 125 - Beautiful Memories (Three)

After the attendants change Hailey's clothes, Bryan is back in the room as he promised.

"Now, it's time for you to sleep, Princess," Bryan said; he sat on the bed. He extends his arm and brushes her hair using his fingers.

Hailey was drunk, but she doesn't want to sleep yet. She looked at Bryan and smiled.

"Bryan, are you happy?" she asked out of the whim.

Bryan blinks several times as he pondered how he would answer her question in careful words. Later then, he nodded and replied with cheer.

"I am! Thank you for making my birthday, as always, a special one."

"I'm glad." She giggled and acted cutely. She pulled up her quilt above her head and hid underneath. Later, she peeped out and asked, "Would you stay until I fall asleep?" 

"Of course. I will sit here until you fall asleep," Bryan promised. He turned off the rest of the light in the bedroom except the table lamp.

Bryan takes an accent chair and places it near the bed. Wandering his eyes, he noticed the magazine on the bedside table.

When he flips the cover, he found out that it is a book bind, and the photos inside are about different designs of skyscrapers, hotels, resorts, etc.

From the look of the magazine, it was personalized-made for her. Bryan lifted his gaze and met Hailey's eyes. She crawled closer, putting a pillow on the edge of her bed, and she lay on her stomach.

"What do you think, Bryan?" She asked sleepily, looking down at the pictures.

Bryan continues flipping more pages. He asked, "Hm. Why are you collecting these?"

"Because I will build my city!" she exclaimed excitedly.

"Oh. You need my help?"

Hailey's dreamy eyes now open wide. "Really? But you aren't an architect."

"Silly. I'm not an architect, but I am an engineering student. Besides, I have been completing my degree in my AB course."

"Are you serious!?"

"And when did I ever joke on you about something?" Bryan chuckled and messed up her hair.

"So we will build my city? Then Grandpa would be happy!" she almost jumped in delight.

Bryan raised his right hand. "Yes. I'll swear to his grave I will help you fulfill building your city."

Hailey sat up and said with full of enthusiasm. "I will ask everyone if they wanted to take part as well!"

She was about to get off her bed when Bryan stopped her. "You can ask them tomorrow. They were drunk already. Now, you should go back to bed."

"Okay." She obediently listens; she lay still on the bed this time. She didn't notice when Bryan frowned for a moment.

He hated that every time, he had to compete with the other men. Although he is the closest one to her, she had everyone's back who was always willing to lend a hand.

He is happy, of course. But most of the time, he has to compete with her attention. Bryan was contemplating when he heard Hailey giggled.

He knocks on her head. "What's funny were you thinking right now, huh?"

Hailey answered with honesty, "I'm just too excited, Bryan!"

He chuckled. He stretched his arm and pulled her nose. "Then study very well, okay?"

"Yes, I will! And I'll work harder and learn everything I need to know to run a company! Like, dad!"

"Uncle Jacob would be so proud of you," he whispered and placed a kiss on Hailey's forehead.