Chapter 26:The PROBLEMS

Letting out a long sigh, Hailey next dialed Geoffrey's contact. She waited for the guy to answer. When he does, a tired voice greets her.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Geoffrey!"

The guy remains silent for a few moments. Probably, Geoffrey was in the process if the voice from the other line is someone he knew all his life.

Indeed, he checked the number registered on his phone. It was anonymous and stated that a call from overseas.

Draw the phone back to his ear; he asked the other line. "Hail? Is this you?"

"Yup! Do you have another Hailey in your life?"

If Hailey in front of him, he would see how she pouted her mouth. But Jefferson could already picture Hailey's look, so then he laughed hard.

"Haha. Yes, you are my angel. I'm glad I heard your voice at just the right time I needed it. Or I might dig a pit and throw someone in there. Anyway, to think over what that guy did to you, my anger worsened instead."

Hailey rendered speechlessly. She understood what Geoffrey meant about his words.

Geoffrey is the first one who punches Bryan after the boys learned the truth about why she called off the wedding.

He is like a big brother to her and several other men that are so close to her.

"Hey, just forget it already because I'm through it now," Hailey told Jefferson, hoping that the guy would calm down.

"Then why aren't you coming back yet? Everyone is worried about you, Princess."

Hailey could sense the sincerity of Geoffrey's voice. She already missed everyone, but she has a reason why she was away now.

What happened between her and Bryan? Everyone now hates the guy. It shattered the once strong bond of friendship, and the person who could fix this is her, even if it did not go back to its true shape, but at least everyone would stop being furious at Bryan.

But that's her biggest problem. She needs to be free from the contract first, so then she could go home.

Because one thing that she agreed on is she could not leave the country unless she was with Vince or Vince gave her consent.

It's not that Vince is keeping her in the city. He explains to her. He doesn't want to make the same mistake he did by trusting Eva.

They didn't have signed any agreement papers. Now, Eva took him for granted and not holding on to her words to have divorced after two years. Also, Zenaida denied it when she's the one who stands as a witness to their conversation.

Yes. Vince told her everything, which his parents didn't know about it the divorce agreement.

So then, Vince wants assurance that she won't blackmail him or create a scandal using all information she heard from him.

However, that would never happen. She has no reason to blackmail Vince. Moreover, start up a scandal.

She was hiding her identity! That was the last thing she would ever do in her entire life! But probably for the runaway part. She might do that if a big emergency occurs in her projects.𝒊𝒏𝙣𝙧𝙚𝒂𝙙.𝒄𝙤𝒎

However, she needs Vince for real!

Before she meets Vince, it already impressed her how the SHEN GROUP develops and improves Metro City's structures.

And after an investigation, it shocked her to find out that Vince is not only Eva's husband but also the CEO of SHEN GROUP.

What a fateful coincidence, isn't it?