Chapter 116 - He Would Not Disagree

The men keenly eyed Hailey with curiosity. Not only that, their forehead curled up with confusion.

'Who could be this person?'

They were intrigued as the song Hailey uses a ringtone to this person is a Love Song, contrary to what she prefers, the rock songs from her favorite band.

"That's all for today. I will talk to each one of you regarding your reports," said Hailey. She then picks up her cellphone and excuses herself. "I need to answer this."

Jacob, who is seated across from his daughter, is observing her intently. And everyone saw that glint in her eyes upon walking away.

The men rendered speechlessly. They were shocked that Hailey just dismissed them like that.

It was the first time she did this during their meetings; even Kelly, Candice, or Faith called her. She will return the call after their discussion.

But this time, she hurried to answer a call.

The men, including Jacob, curiously glance in Hailey's direction. She went to her desk but remained standing near her glass window and talking in a low voice to whoever was on the other line.

"Hey, how was it? Are you ready?"

It was what they heard. Although they are used to hearing her sweet voice, this time, the warmth in it is like no other.

Hailey is gazing out at the building across her office. Her lips parted into a broad smile when she recognized the man on the second floor of the cafeteria.

Although she could not see his handsome face because she was on a higher floor, his silhouette is undeniable that it was him; and her heart is saying it so.

Meanwhile, the more they eavesdrop, the more Hailey's voice getting sweeter.

Jacob swept his eyes to the men in front of him; it is too evident that everyone listened to his daughter's conversation.

"Ahem!" Jacob pretended to cough. Once he clears his throat, he utters. "Lunch is served. You boys, go ahead. I will have lunch with Hailey here in the office, so ask the chefs to deliver our food. I'll see you all during the presentation."

Jacob sat up from his chair and walked toward the door. The men had no more reason to stay in the President's office but followed the chairman.

Hailey was immersed in talking on the other line. She turned her head after hearing the door closing in. She realizes that everyone finally leaves. She sighed with relief and sat in her chair.

"So, did you have lunch now? It was noon."

Vince replied, "Yes. Tim volunteered to get our food, so I have a chance to make this call."

"Ah. Tim's salary should have a raise soon. He's doing a great job lately," she suggested.

"Hm... I might do that." Vince chuckled, and he also heard Hailey's sweet laugh.

Listening to her giggles, a desire crept in his chest. He wanted to kiss her and hug her to seek strength.

"Good luck with your presentation," said Hailey afterward.

"Thank you. I know you are cheering for me, so I am fine now."

"You are very talented, Vince. They will surely be impressed by you." Hailey told Vince with sincerity in her voice.

It was the moment that the door opened. The person who wanted to step inside retreated and listen further. But Hailey's voice was getting inaudible, soon unable to understand it anymore, and so, this person decided to shut the door.