Chapter 86 - Car Accident

The first odor that greets his nostril is the strong scent from disinfectant that immediately made him uncomfortable. He tried to move his head to the left side, but he could feel a pain struck on his skull and his left shoulder.

What happened to him? He remembered he arrived at the penthouse and even confessed to Hailey.

"Son? How do you feel?"

Vincent moves his head, and he saw his parents at the bedside.

"Dad? What am I doing here?" He asked, and he could hear how weak his voice was. "Mom? Why are you crying?"

"Vincent..." Hilda continued sobbing beside Fred. She tried to remain calm, but after seeing how bad Vincent was, she could not stop her tears from flooding her eyes. She was always complaining related to her son and nagged him endlessly. Even so, she was his mother, and she worries.

"Hilda, why don't you sit on the sofa or try to calm yourself down in the living room?" Fred told his wife, who obediently followed his advice. He is used to Hilda's strong-willed attitude; that is why it surprised him she didn't raise a fight but remain silent.

It also confused Vincent, seeing his mom in a helpless state. She always stays composed whatever situation she is in, as that is how it determines her willpower. She rarely shows any emotion aside from her anger or facial expression when she is satisfied every time her family achieves something.

"Dad, what is going on? Why am I here?"

"Don't you remember anything? You got into an accident, son." Fred replied to Vincent's queries.

Vincent was shocked to hear this. "I don't remember but a loud bang from behind my car."

"According to the initial investigation, you were already on halt when the red light turned on. But the car behind you says, it loses its brake, so you are pushed forward, and a truck in great speed got your vehicle."

Vincent tried to recall what happened to him earlier. "I think I was flung away. How long have I lost consciousness, dad?"

"You are lucky that you woke up after seven hours losing consciousness."

Seven hours... Then Hailey already knew what happened to him. His eyes swept to the entire room, but he could not find her. "Where is she, dad?"

Fred does not need to ask. He already guesses who Vincent is looking for. However, because of the dispute between Hilda and their son, Fred has to make a careful decision.

"She called Carl to ask about your situation. I sent your cousin to explain to her what happened to you and your current state."

"I want to see her dad. I need to go home." Vincent attempts to get up, but Fred stops him.

Fred glanced at Hilda, who understood what he tried to convey. Vincent didn't think anymore that their mansion is his home, but it's the place where his girlfriend is waiting for him.

"Son, you still need a check-up. The doctor had requested a CT-Scan and x-ray before they decided to let you go home." Fred explained afterward.

However, Vincent insisted on leaving the hospital, even though he was just awake. "I want to see her, dad."

"Vincent! Why don't you..." Hilda could not stay listening anymore. She attempted to scold Vincent, but she shut her mouth close when Fred glared at her. She protested inwardly, but the only thing she could do at this moment kept her silent. Fred has constantly interrupted her, which frustrates her that she could not raise her voice.

After he warned his wife, Fred returned his attention to Vincent. "I'll call Carl to bring her over. It would help if you had those tests to make sure you are fine, okay?"