Chapter 73 - I Am Home

That evening, Vince ordered Hailey's favorite stir-fry noodle and lamb steak, including other dishes, to have more choices. And when their food arrived, they had dinner in the pool area.

As the night came to be colder, Vince set a bonfire and wrapped Hailey inside his arms, cuddling to warm each other.

Tonight, they only had sparkling red wine not to get drunk again. Hailey wanted to avoid that from happening ever again.

"Do you want another glass?" Vince asked Hailey. When she nodded, he grabbed the bottle and poured her glass.

"It will be my last glass for tonight. I need to review my lessons starting tomorrow for the exams next week."

"Hm... You have an upcoming exam. Great! I mean..." Vince takes a deep breath.

He is looking for a perfect moment to share with Hailey about the new project he will work on starting next week.

"So, by next week, I'll be going to Australia for a new contract. The Shen Group will work with a new client. This time, it was a giant client!" Excitement could sense in his voice.

"Wow! That's great! Congratulations!" Hailey tried her best to react with cheer. Of course, it is not a surprise anymore because she is the one who offered Vince the contract!

'Oh, gosh! I hope I sound sincere!' Hailey mumbled to her head.

Vince smiled. He expressed, "Thank you. I can't believe I would get a project from Davies Group. It feels incredible! I mean, the Shen Group has been competing against countless giant firms in the world. And so, I would not waste this opportunity given to me to work one of my dreams."

"Oh. You dream of working in constructing the Dream City?"

"Honestly? Yes, I am! It is one thing that inspires me to work hard. I need to get their attention. And my weapon is creativity, patience, and working hard to rise from the level ground to climb the stairs of success in this career I choose. No. I love it."

"Great! I'm happy to hear that!"

"Hm?" Vince lowered his gaze at Hailey. He was staring at her with a bit of confusion. He wondered which one she was praising.

Hailey realized that her response made her obvious. "Oh. I mean, I'm happy for you! There is nothing best in the world but to do what you are passionate about!"

"You are right. And I love building things." Vince concurred. And can see how proud he is.

Phew! Hailey sighs with relief. She is bathing with a cold sweat right now. From here on, she has to be careful. Otherwise, Vince will get confused with the things that come out of her mouth.

"So, when is your flight?" she asked Vince casually. "I would love to help you pack up."

Wow, girl. Like you didn't know his schedules! Hailey patted herself and gave a thumbs up.

Vince, who does not know what is playing in Hailey's mind, responded, "I'll be leaving Metro City by Thursday midnight to arrive in Australia in the morning to meet the executives and have a meeting with them to hand over my projects."

"Okay!" Hailey didn't attempt to say more words; it might be her tongue would slip out with unnecessary information.

"Hmm... Are you going to be okay here?" He will often be out of the country, and so he began worrying about Hailey's safety.

She retorted, "I am! You have nothing to worry about."

"The media attacks are getting unpleasant. And now that I have a huge project abroad, I would not be here often."

HIS CONTRACTUAL MISTRESSOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara