Chapter 78 - I LOVE HER

Fred waited for the perfect time to bring up another discussion. Honestly, he didn't know how to begin. But he yearned to convey his feelings toward his son that he cares for him.

"So, do you really mean it to divorce Eva?" Fred asked. He aimed to throw this question casually; however, Fred found it a little awkward to discuss with Vincent probably because he and Vincent didn't talk about his love life, as all they've discussed instead is business.

"Yes, dad," Vincent replied without blinking. He met his dad's gaze to show how he takes this matter seriously.

"Is it because of her?" It was a straightforward question, which Fred could not control his mouth sometimes as it was his personality. Fred studied his son's expression and reaction regarding his query. He expects highly, but Vincent didn't show any emotion.

In Vincent's mind, he isn't sure how to answer his dad. He could not decide yet, moreover how to spill it out correctly that he could understand him.

He is indeed divorcing Eva so that he could pursue the woman he loves. Besides, it is his and Eva's agreement from the very beginning.

"Dad, to tell you the truth? I have planned to divorce Eva even though I didn't meet her." Once again... Vince added into his head, but he didn't utter it out. At that moment, his facial expression changed, and it didn't hide from his father.

Fred simply nodded. He picked up the coffee pot and refilled his cup.

"Honestly, son. I don't know what to preach to you when I am guilty that the marriage I have with your mom has no love in the beginning. It was a marriage of convenience. But what have I learned throughout our marriage? I open my heart and give myself a chance to lead my life on a better path. And that to work my marriage with your mom and build a family I dream of to call as my own. I mean, later on, I choose to care for your mom. At first, I could not give my love to her because, you know. But believe me. Your mom is amazing in some things, and I choose to be a good husband... The least I could do to have a peaceful marriage."

Fred paused. He sipped on his cup and let out a satisfying breath. He lifted his gaze and met Vincent's curious eyes, who are peering at him earnestly.

Honestly, it was the first time his dad opens up about marriage. And so he is eager to know more.

"Do not think that I am comparing my situation to yours. My point here is, your mom is not a bad person, and if there is someone who works hard to keep this marriage is her. And I admitted that I am guilty that I have so many shortcomings. She may also have flaws and wrong priorities, not to mention how she is too loud, but that's her personality." Fred added which he and Vincent chuckled as they both agree that Hilda is too loud almost every single day.

"As you can see, I'm still here because I attempt to communicate with her if she complains to me about something. That is one thing I learned as a married man. And what she is fretting about lately was your marriage and now your affair." Fred pointed out.

"Son, I'm not encouraging you to have a mistress if you are not happy with your marriage. But I could see that your situation isn't normal at all. What your mom needs are enlightenment. Instead of working with your marriage, she doesn't understand why you are not doing it, but you are getting a divorce without trying out to live with Eva."

Vincent hurls a long breath at the deepest part of his lungs and releases it violently. It was easy to think of his reasons, but it was hard to share them with his father or mother.

All his life, he aimed to succeed in every aspect of his life. However, he needs to disappoint his parents about his marriage because he doesn't love the woman his mother chose for him.