Chapter 53 - Their Son's News

SHEN MANSION

Fred is on his way toward the dining hall when his phone rang. It was his son, calling him at the moment.

He was happy that Vincent phoned him. His son only does when it involves the company. And so Fred wondered what kind of news Vincent would report to him.

Fred swipes the green button and speaks, "Son, it's rare for you to call me with personal matters. Then, it is about the company?"

"Dad, yes, it was. I phoned you to inform you that my proposal was approved."

"Oh, that's good news! I heard that you are working to win an International project. Which one did you propose to?"

"Dad, it's the Dream City," Vince replied.

"Dream City? Where..." The name rings a bell inside his head. Fred widened his eyes now that he remembers. "That project! You got it!"

"Yes, dad. I will fly to Australia next week to meet our biggest client."

"Congratulations, son! Davies Group is the biggest client we ever had!"

"Absolutely, dad!" On the other line, Vince tears a huge smile.

"Son, I'm so proud of you. Finally, your hard work paid off," said Fred to Vince.

"Not yet, dad. It's just a beginning," he humbly asserted.

"Of course! It is one of your greatest achievements, son. I remember several years ago when you said, you would bring Shen into its glorious days. And you keep your promise."

Vince answered with honesty, "I have my inspiration, Dad."

"Oh... I see." Fred could not share his thoughts with his son. He was thinking that Vincent is talking about his girlfriend.

Of course, he had seen how his son focuses on learning how to run their company at such a young age, and it made him so proud that Vincent is a responsible son. He is not a happy-go-lucky heir who only does fool around with different women, visiting bars and every night going out to attend any parties. In fact, his son is quite the opposite.

And when he turned over the management of their company, Vince even worked harder than before, which the more he limits himself to enjoy the nightlife but occasionally sailed into the ocean with his friends. Mostly only male friends!

He started to worry though. But then news broke out that Vincent has seen dating a woman. He was happy. Well, it's only partly because he could not agree about his son cheating on his marriage.

But then, as a father who only had one son, it worries him about Vincent's sexual orientation. His son living with a woman is extremely a relief to him.

He wished for his son to live a normal life; building a family of his own and giving him grandchildren. However, what turned out in his son's life has become controversial.

Vincent never lives with his wife but with a mistress. As a parent, it didn't make him happy on that part. But it confused him why Eva didn't insist on living with his son.

Sometimes, he's thinking that Eva might believe that Vincent has questionable preferences when it comes to His Romance. But he witnesses how intimate his son toward his girlfriend. And the way he looks at her, as a man he is certain, his son cared for that girl.

No. Vincent is in love with that girl. That is why his son is willing to give up being Shen.

But there is another thing that suddenly flashes on top of his head. What happened to the girl he was searching for a few years ago?