Chapter 46:Finding Out the Reason

Office of the Chief Operating Officer

Inside the office, everyone was surprised to see the person who entered the room.

"Andre!"

"Hey, dude! Why you haven't informed us you are coming home?" asked Attorney Leo Grubber, he is the Head of the Legal Affairs Department of Davies Group.

Andre retorted, "It would not be surprising anymore if I told any of you of my arrival."

"Yeah!" They cheered.

"Welcome back, Andre!" Jacob sat up from the chair and met his brother-in-law halfway. Andre is Marley Hillson's half-brother when her father got married again after 15 years that he is a widow.

"Thank you, big brother." Andre stretches his arms and offers Jacob a warm hug. Once they parted, he sweeps his gaze to the entire room and queried everyone. "So? What is going on here? And why Hailey hasn't returned yet?"

Andre throws a glare at Bryan. Until now, he still could not believe that the first man who would break Hailey's heart is his best friend he treats like a brother. A family.

All those years that he is away for training. He knows that Bryan is always on Hailey's side. The one who looks after her and protects her. And that he was very grateful.

At first, it surprised him when he heard the news. But possibilities for them to fall in love, so he gives his blessings. However, he was wrong to entrust Hailey to him.

"What's the reason, and you both beat up each other?" Andre queried after no one answered him.

"Someone has a thick face to barge in my office and forced me to give him Hailey's other contact number." It was?Geoffrey, who replied.

"Hailey is my boss. Why can't I talk or report to her?" Bryan has no way to let Geoffrey just accuse him of all he wanted. Still, he is sincere in helping Hailey to finish the projects they had planned for years.

"You know the reason why!" Geoffrey shrieked from across the room.

"All right enough!" Chairman Jacob cut in. It irritates him watching this scene. "Since Hailey wasn't here yet, you all can report to me if you have issues. Now I'm all ears."

Bryan and Geoffrey shared a glance. Both withdrew after a moment of clashing glares.

"I want to talk to Hailey myself, Uncle Jacob. I have something important to discuss with her," Bryan's request.

"And why can't you let us hear it as well?" Trevor Johansson queried. He is the Chief of Finance Department.

"No. I want to hear Hailey's reason why she pulled out the project she gave to LN Group."

"Pulled out? The Pearl Hotel Project? What's going on?" asked Jacob, his gazes shifted to each of them, waiting for an answer.

James White clears his throat. He is casually coughing and pretends he is browsing his phone. Meanwhile, Geoffrey remains silent while the rest express they didn't know anything about it.

And in this case, only one or two people must know something, Bryan and Geoffrey. But since Bryan also queried, then it was Geoffrey.

All eyes fell in his direction. Anyway, he was about to report this to the Chairman. And that is what he was typing on his computer when Bryan barged in in his office.

"I received an order from Hailey, Uncle Jacob. She wanted to take back the project and blacklisted the LN Group from our future projects,"?he confessed.

"Okay. But what happens? Why does her mind suddenly change? This is a big project. Who does she plan to continue the project?"

It seems no one can answer. Jacob leaned on the chair and pondered. They already had a big problem with the accident last week. He fired out the H Group and now the LN Group? They could not afford to delay more time to finish everything Hailey has been working on.