Chapter 107 - Meeting Her Dad

It feels like the world falls on him. It is supposed to be good news, but why he wasn't happy at all?

And at this moment, he could not stop thinking of someone else.

Bryan felt like his heart squeezing tighter inside his chest, and it was hard to breathe. He is feeling both pity and regret.

And the more he suppresses his emotion to waver, the more anger he felt toward himself.

Yes. He hated himself! And right now, he even put himself in a situation he could not turn around.

Bryan hurls a long sigh at the deepest part of his lungs and releases the air furiously.

Eva's sobs worsen his throbbing head that he wanted to curse. But he has to calm himself down.

"Alright. I will finish all of my important work I have today to see you soon. So, stop crying. It wouldn't be good for you." After a long silence, Bryan comforted Eva. He gathered all of his patience to sound gentle.

On the other line, Eva is tuning down her cries. Still, she doesn't want Bryan to feel annoyed at her if she cries too much. At least, Bryan speaks softer now than the other few days that he almost didn't talk to her but gave her a cold tone.

"Do you promise?" Eva put an effort to sound sweet. She badly wanted to see Bryan and talk to him. She would not allow Bryan to throw her away completely. If she let go now, she's afraid that he would go back to Hailey.

She would bear Bryan's coldness toward her, as long as Bryan would choose her over his childhood sweetheart!

So, Eva patiently listened to Bryan and agreed that he would meet her tomorrow after his work. It was better than Bryan's excuse with an entire week not to meet her.

After the call, Bryan put his phone inside his coat pocket, revived his car's engine, and resumed driving.

He glances in Vince's direction and apologizes. "I'm sorry about that, Mr. Shen. Let's head to the site now."

"No problem. Well, is everything alright? I... erm, sorry for intrusion. I should not ask personal questions."

"It's okay, Mr. Shen. It's not that biggie. Just a minor family problem, which I should not bring my private affairs into my work," said Bryan with a sigh.

Vincent nodded in agreement. He chooses not to step into anyone's private affair as well, in which they just meet today, and then he's nosy. Not to mention, he had his troubles too, and that is his divorce.

Vincent forget what he heard. Instead, he keenly listens to Bryan explaining everything regarding Dream City.

"Many years ago, our boss came up to liven up this part of Australia. With everyone, we helped her do all the research we needed to analyze whether this area was safe and worthy to build a city. At first, we all planned for a small town only."

"But then, we found a lot of interested potential investors. Davies Group alone can build it. But as years passed by, our boss had more vision until the latest crazy project she wanted was to build the tallest building in the world, and you were the one she chose to fulfill that dream, Mr. Shen."

Vince pursed his lips. He retorted, "It was my great honor to work with her, Mr. Anderson. But It would be much greater if I could meet her to discuss the tower."

"Well, she didn't personally talk to her business partners or our contractors like you. I hope you would understand if she would not grant your request to meet her."

"Of course! That's not a problem with me, Mr. Anderson. As long as she would approve my design, and I could approach someone to relay my messages," Vincent expressed. "Sometimes, everything was well planned. However, mishaps still happen and can't be avoided along with the construction."