Chapter 120 - Teasing Eva

It's already dark outside when they exited the company. The moment they arrived at their apartment, Vincent dropped his body to the sofa.

He thought that his presentation today would fail. But what happens instead is the contrary of his expectations. He got the biggest funds from all of the firms that signed a contract with Davies!

Until now, he was overwhelmed with all that happened earlier.

"Boss, here is your water."

"Thanks." Vincent took the bottled water from Tim. He opened the cap and drank the rest of the content; finally, it quenched his thirst.

"Boss, I will grill some fish tonight." Tim declared while he scanned the fridge. There is a grilling appliance down below their floor. It excites him to be the first one to use it.

"Okay," said Vince timidly. He leaned back and picked up his phone from the table. He patiently waited for the call to be picked up, but Hailey wasn't answering.

Meanwhile, Hailey was fidgeting in her seat. Vince is calling, but she was driving her car at the moment, and she was connected to a group video call on WhatsApp.

They were on the road, headed to Derby City, and she is racing with the men to have dinner with Andre.

'I'm sorry, Vince. I'll call you very soon!'

Vince attempted twice, but his call just ended after a specific time. He wondered why Hailey didn't pick up her phone.

But then he answered his own question. He guessed Hailey was with her friends, and they must be on the beach.

He types on his phone, leaving Hailey a message. She instantly saw it when it displayed on her upper screen.

Hailey stepped on the accelerator and trotted her car in the stillness of the evening. But it's okay; they were still in the suburban areas.

She glanced at her rearview mirror. The men are following behind, letting her lead them. But of course, she won't let them think that they only gave her a favor.

"Hail, you are going too fast." Geoffrey reminded her.

"Alright. Let's maintain this speed," she told the men.

When they were closer to the city, Hailey reduced her speed until they reached the Davies private port where her yacht docked.

Her eyes gleam upon seeing her baby. She parked her car and got out, waving at the man standing at the boarding ladder.

"Andre!" She runs toward him and throws her arms around his waist. Andre, on the other hand, his arms wide open for a warm embrace.

"Hey, young lady! You're finally here!" Andre gives her a tight hug. He has been so worried about her.

In these passing months, he couldn't be able to go home and talk to her and Bryan. But in what he sees, Hailey had been smiling brightly.

'Maybe it was true that she is already moving on.' Andre mused inwardly.

"Let's go. Dinner is almost ready," he said afterward.

"What's for supper?" Hailey asked Andre, gripping her hands around Andre's elbow.

He replied, "Of course, you're favorite."

When they all boarded, Chester steered the wheel and brought the yacht to a deeper part of the gulf.

Hailey climbed to the upper deck, and her eyes traveled to this familiar shore. She breathes the sea breeze, filling her lungs before she releases them.