Chapter 122 - I Was Belonged To Someone Else

"I want you back."

His words still echoing inside her head, but in her heart, she doesn't love Bryan the way she loves Vince. However, he is someone important to her, the reason she could drive Bryan away.

Until now, still painful that their friendship has shattered.

However, friendship would not succeed in working a marriage. It should be love between two people whose heart is beating as one.

Hailey looks outside the window of her bedroom as her head pulls back what happened earlier.

*

"You're kidding me, Bryan," Hailey scoffs after a long silence.

"I'm serious, Hail."

Hailey looked up and met Bryan's eyes. She could see how intense his gaze at her. However, it didn't move her.

"Do you think everything is just like that!?" she snaps at him.

Bryan softens his gaze. He knows it isn't, but he is determined to ask Hailey's forgiveness.

"You have every right to get angry at me. After what I did, it is your right to get furious. But I can't live like this, Hail. I want you back."

Hailey glared at Bryan after he repeated his quote. At this moment, she felt ludicrous that it rendered her speechless. Bryan seemed to have lost a screw in his head.

They broke up. And everything about them is already in the past. The only reason she has to keep him around is because of the projects and the decades of friendship they have—nothing else.

She muttered, "It is late of night, Bryan. There's no use joking around."

Hailey's car moves forward, but Bryan remains gripping his hands on her car window.

"I'm not joking, Hail. You don't know how my life becomes in hell without you!"

"And why is it my concern?" she snorted, uninterested in hearing further whatever Bryan has in store.

Bryan remained silent for a moment. He immersed himself gaping at Hailey's face longingly. She isn't looking in his direction, and so, he could only stare at half the side of her beautiful face.

He lifted his left arm and caressed her face with his cold fingers. But when she felt his touch, a thousand bolts of disgust exploded in every part of her body.

Hailey quickly slaps Bryan's hand and yells at him. "What are you doing, Bryan!?"

That startles her. She may get used to hug Bryan mindlessly or sit on his lap without malice in the past. But now she realizes that it was inappropriate. Even though he is her fiancé, she didn't consider Bryan as a boyfriend but only a future husband.

What is the difference by then? Honestly, she couldn't differentiate, and she didn't think of him as one aside from a marriage of convenience because she knew him all her life. But now, there is something wrong with their relationship back then.

Her love for him is brotherly, and so she thought it was okay to do that. But in Vince's case, she was in love with him. No... She falls for him, which is why they have such intimacy, and she didn't feel disgusted.

Mulling over, she isn't acted as a proper lady around Bryan. Could it be that her action leads to something that Bryan couldn't handle alone?

They said men are men.

In the past, she isn't concerned about it because she isn't physically attracted to him, and she grew up that he was around, so she is comfortable with his presence.